Sunday, August 24, 2008

Ladies Lunch

I actually made it to church today although I couldn't tell you what the sermon was about. I was in and out trying to take care of Jordan. Still, it made my heart feel good to be there at all, and to reconnect with some friends. I was able to touch base with a couple of them to discuss a bible study that will be starting up in October so I'm really looking forward to that.

After church, Julie and I went out for lunch together. A "Ladies Lunch" she called it. I really wanted to touch base with her to see what was going on in her world, and to try to address some concerns that Sam had raised in our talk last night.

She was so cute sitting across from me, sharing her thoughts and ideas. We had a lot of laughs as well as lots of seriousness. It is always interesting to see how she processes thoughts and ideas.

After lunch we went to Chapters to look around. I wanted to check some of the parenting magazines to get some tips on how to get Jordan to sleep through the night.

Once we looked at everything that interested us we headed over to my mom's to pick something up that I had forgotten when I was there yesterday. I had a great visit with my aunt and then my mom joined us for a bit. We headed off just after 5 and picked up dinner from Swiss Chalet to bring home. Ian had spread out a blanket and we had a picnic in our living room while having a family meeting to discuss the issues and concerns that the children had raised in their talks with me. I think we've got some new and great ideas to try out.

It's certainly been a very busy weekend, as well as an emotional one. I'm pretty tired. Being a parent to three wonderful children, all at different stages with different needs, can be a difficult job. A great one, and one I wouldn't change for anything, but a difficult one.

That's about all I have for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment