Saturday, September 06, 2008

So Tired!

Since Ian is away on retreat this weekend I wanted to do something out of the ordinary with the children.

So...we decided to have a slumber party in my room.

Julie brought her inflatable bed and blankets and laid them out on the floor beside my side of the bed. Sam slept in my bed on Ian's side and Miss Jordan in her crib, which is always in our room.

Have I mentioned we need a bigger house? Jordan needs to move out and into her own space! Love her .... but her eviction is on the horizon...

I am always nervous at night if Ian is out and the rare times he's away I never sleep well. I'm always afraid someone will come to kill me!

I need to be ready for when The Killer arrives you know.

I made sure that the front door was locked and the house alarm was on, then once we were all set up in my bedroom, I locked the door and put a heavy basket of laundry in front of the door.

That's right. I put a heavy basket of laundry in front of the door. Because if a killer is coming to get me, he's going to have to fold those clothes first.

We whispered until after midnight. We finally stopped after Sam's impression of me saying "NOT ANOTHER WORD!"

Jordan woke up a couple of times as usual but she didn't disturb the children. We got up for the day at about 8 and all of us cuddled in bed together. They're missing Ian. I am too.

Sam ate pizza for breakfast.

Not much on the agenda for today. I think I'll take them out to lunch and we'll go and check out the Disney store. They want to have another slumber party tonight.

I'm hoping that in there somewhere we can have a little nap! I'm so tired!

2 comments:

  1. A killer that folds laundry! LOL! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL -- of course if the killer comes in the window (because the front doors are bolted and the alarm is on - - you will have to fold the laundry yourself in order to flee the room!

    I know what you mean though - I feel a bit strange when Mike is gone too (although it's only happened a few nights in all the years we've been married). I go around checking doors and windows a hundred times...

    Now I know though - that the next time I should grab the laundry...

    ReplyDelete