Monday, August 30, 2010

Some Of This...Some Of That...

I've been having a hard time getting back into the swing of things since returning from the cottage last week.

I'm missing this view off the deck:



~*~ ~*~ ~*~


Sam got a bad sunburn while we were away. Before you scold me for not applying sunscreen.... I told him to put it on and he declined.



The pain is gone thank goodness, but now the peeling has started. I want to pick his shoulders so badly I can't even tell you. Instead, I remind him to put hand cream on it several times throughout the day.

But I really want to pick it.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~


We had some drama here this morning. Jordan loves to throw things at people. Toys, clothes, remotes. Whatever's handy. Hardly an acceptable or endearing quality, and definitely one we're working on.

Today she threw one of her board books at Julie and it hit her in the corner of her eye. Screaming and crying ensued. Even after applying an ice pack, Jules will sport a bit of a black eye.

Sisters. Gotta love 'em.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~


I'm in the process of updating my resume. Once that's done, I'll call my contact at the agency that placed me last year and see if they have any open positions that start in the very near future.

I'm scared to return to work. I don't know why, I'm good at what I do. It's been a long time and I'm out of practice.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~


Want to hear something lame? Camp Rock 2 is on this Friday night and I've been looking forward to it all summer.

Told ya. Lame.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~


I need to get a pair of binoculars. Last night there was some police action going on across the street and I couldn't make it out. There were two cruisers and one car, and officers were looking through the car with flashlights.

A girl needs to be in the know, you know.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~


I can't believe school starts next week. The summer passed by so quickly. The children aren't very excited about going back. I need to get their hair cut, something Julie loves and Sam hates. I want him to cut off his hair so badly that I have resorted to making deals with him.

That concludes my rambling for today.

Happy Monday :-)

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. I love picking at peeling skin. I used to try to see how big of a patch I could peel off. Yep, I'm in the weird girl club!

    Guess I need to watch the first Camp Rock, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh... I totally want to peel a sunburn, too! The binoculars bit made me laugh :) Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Binocs, or a good camera...then you can zoom AND take photos for you blog friends!!

    I'm a peeler too...in both senses of the word...I sunburn (and hence, peel easily) and I LOVE to peel! So satisfying to get a big ol' chunk of dead skin off in one peel! LOVE it!

    I'm a picker too...in both, um, senses of the word. YOU know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting back in the groove is really hard after vacation.. it will come back to ya ;) The kid's here have gone back to school as well.. it seems like summer just started and now it has come to an end.. sad to see it go bu ready for some cooler weather.

    Happy Monday friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha... I used to make hair deals with my son all the time... recently I have decided tho that it is something I can live with... tatoo? Now that is different! Good luck returning to work. I did that six years ago and it has been awesome. As long as you find a place that you love. :)

    ReplyDelete