Thursday, November 22, 2012

Stuff

I'm not going to lie... I'm totally jealous that it's the American Thanksgiving today.

Happy Thanksgiving, by the way. You know, if you're American and all.

Does Australia have a Thanksgiving?

I don't know.

But now I need to find out.

I'm so happy that I have three whole days with my sweet family this weekend. Ian has an appointment tomorrow so I took the day off to be with the children. I'm going to drive the three older ones to school, then go to my mother's for breakfast and to visit for the morning. It's her birthday tomorrow.

Ian bought Matthew some new pjs today. So cute. I call them grandpa jammies. You know what those are, right? The button shirt and pants. Oh my word he looks so adorable. When I came home from work I went into the kitchen to see him and he was wearing a "My Mom Rocks" t-shirt. LOVE!

Last night Sam and I went to check out another high school. We're all hoping he gets accepted into the arts program at the other school, but just in case he doesn't he needs a plan b. This school was so huge. Three stories and just BIG. The uniforms were nice and there are tons of clubs and sports to join. Sam couldn't possibly have been less interested. His hopes are all pinned on the arts school.

Oh boy.

Jordan has been doing this blinky thing that is freaking me out. I don't know if she's stressed or tired or her eyes or dry or what. But I'm this close to taking her to the doctor even if he just tells me to chill out.

I finally broke down and bought an ice scraper for my car. It's pink. There have been several mornings recently where there has been frost on the windows and I had to scrape it off with a credit card.

Don't judge.

I'm in complete denial that winter is coming. I hate winter.

I don't even want to talk about it.

And on that note... I'm going to bed.

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the Happy Thanksgiving note. Why the jealousy? You had yours, ya know. :)

    Glad to hear a little bit more upbeat post. I don't blame you for desiring something else, especially with a high stress job. I often wish I could just be home during the days too, and I don't have a stress job (most days anyway).

    I just read something about a car window protector thingy that keeps frost from building up on your window. Maybe you should get one of those. I have no idea where to find them or what they are actually called, but ya know, google might know (big help, I know).

    No Julie update?! What's up with that? ;)

    Have a great weekend with your family, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hapy birthday to your Mom. Have a great weekend with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Mom's are so wonderful, aren't they? Happy Birthday to yours...she's right after Dubya's! Or, I guess, Dubya's is right before hers! I hope your Sam gets accepted to the arts school. Is that the norm in Canada? Do you have to apply to different high schools? I always think that Canada is just like the US, except with a different Thanksgiving.
    Glad you got to spend an extra day with your clan!

    ReplyDelete