Sunday, February 16, 2014

:-)

This was THE BEST weekend I've had in a very long time.


Friday was Valentine's Day and Ian surprised me with flowers, chocolate and a huge card. Things at work seemed to flow well and I was able to accomplish a few tasks that had been piling up. Sam came home from his three day retreat with his school's media program and I picked him up from school and we brought a pizza home for dinner.


Ian leads our jr high youth group on Friday nights and the Littles and I used to hang out in the church nursery just to be close to him. It's been such a long time since we've done that, so I asked Ian if we could tag along and he said yes. Jordan likes to sit with the youth while Ian teaches and we all watch the gym games. We got home pretty late and put the Littles right to bed.


Saturday morning Sam slept in and Julie was visiting my mother,  so Ian and I took the Littles to a Christian bookstore that is going out of business. I was looking for a few small gifts for a blessing project I am working on. I found a mug with HOPE on it, which is my word for 2014. I found one with JOY on it for my sweet friend Louise as that is her word for this year. Ian and I both found a few books that were marked down so we got those.


We stopped at Michaels on our way home and found colouring books for $1 each. Ian had a 25% off coupon so we bought 7! I found some cute notecards and emery boards, and Ian bought some discounted valentines candy. 


Ian and I went to see a matinee of Robocop and then dinner at Montana's, followed by a trip to Target. Oh my gosh my love affair with Target will never end. We brought dinner home for the children and we all watched Cool Runnings together. Such a great movie.


This morning we all went to church and it felt so, so good to worship the Lord with my church family. Afterwards we visited with some friends, then came home for lunch and naps. Naps are my favourite. After naptime we took the children to see The Lego Movie. Oh my gosh it was cute.


Tomorrow is Family Day which is a stat holiday, however my company doesn't observe it so I'm back to work tomorrow. The office should be pretty quiet so hopefully I'll be able to make a dent in the piles on my desk.


As usual I've left my laundry until the last minute but I don't even care. I feel very happy and peaceful tonight. I've been running on an empty tank for the longest time and tonight I feel as though I've been rejuvenated and able to face the week ahead. I'm so thankful for this time with my sweet family.


Good night friends!




Photobucket



3 comments:

  1. You needed a good week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this post was such a blessing to read!! So so glad you had a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete