Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Home Again

Today was Day 1 of being at home again and it was wonderful.

I woke up at 7am and after a moment's panic of "OhmygoshIoversleptandnowImgoingtobelate!!!" I relaxed and basked in the knowledge that there was nowhere I had to be today.

And it felt good.

I proceeded to lay awake for the next two hours until I could hear the children up and Sam came to get us.

This afternoon I took the children to see G-Force and Ian stayed at home with Jordan. Afterwards I picked Jordan up and we all headed over to my Mom's for a bit, then grocery shopping and home again. It felt so good to cook dinner for my family instead of being too tired/late to do so.

The last few nights we've all been playing "Buzz" on the PS3 and it's hilarious. Some of (ok, most of) the questions I have no idea as to the answers, and it kills me when the kids know them. Lots of laughs and so much better than watching a movie.

Yesterday was my last day at my placement and it was good. I felt sad about leaving, but 100x more excited. This is where I want to be and I am so thankful to be here again. Everyone signed a card for me and gave me a gift card. I was really touched.

Tomorrow is Ian's first day at his new job. He says he isn't nervous but I sure am. I hope everything goes well for him. I can't wait to see him in his suit and tie!

Photobucket

1 comment: