Monday, January 31, 2011

Book Review: Deeper Into The Word, Reflections On 100 Words From The New Testament



A Fresh Look at the Words Within the Word

Words matter. God cares about them and so should we. Going a little deeper into the Bible's words can make an old passage new again, enriching your understanding of God's message to his children. Why was this word chosen rather than that one? What does it imply in its original language that you can't see in English? And without knowing Greek, how can you learn to explore the details of God's Word for yourself?

Keri Wyatt Kent provides a fresh encounter with the most important words of the New Testament. Deeper Into the Word can be used as a daily devotional or as an easy-to-use reference tool. Either way, you'll find yourself excited by the wonders of God's amazing Word.


~*~ ~*~ ~*~


To be honest, I never really wondered about the purpose of any particular word chosen in the bible. It was there and that was enough for me.

But when I was offered the opportunity to review this book I jumped at the chance and couldn't wait for it to arrive.

Keri Wyatt Kent shares the meanings and context of 100 words in such an easy to read way, with each chapter reading like a devotional.

Not only does it have a handy table of contents listing each word being studied, it also has an appendix of useful websites if you want to study the words and themes even deeper, a Greek index and a large notes section, citing her sources for even more knowledge.

This book is a fantastic resource for anyone who is curious about looking deeper into God's word. I will definitely be keeping this book with my bible so I can use it as a reference tool.

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group".

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Katie,
    thanks so much for the kind review. Would it be okay for me to include just a sentence or two with a link to your blog in my email newsletter this month? Let me know (you can get in touch via my website at www.keriwyattkent.com)

    ReplyDelete