Monday, January 31, 2011

A Vent Where I Whine A Little, And By A Little I Mean A Lot

I am cranky.

I say things in an ugly and sharp tone.

I snap at those I love.

I roll my eyes so much I give myself a headache.

I hate feeling like this.

I have so much to feel joyful about... yet I feel so cranky inside.

Can I vent?

Really? You don't mind?

Thanks.

I'm tired. I'm hungry all the time. My chest feels like it's on fire. I have periods of breathlessness that to hear me, you'd think I just ran up a flight of stairs. My nose bleeds every time I blow it. I get a lot of headaches. I have high blood pressure. I feel like a hippopotamus-cow-pig. My roots are showing. I hate winter and there is a huge storm coming that is going to dump 30cm of snow on us.

On a normal day it doesn't take much to make me cry. I cry at commercials, I cry when I'm tired, I cry right along with other people that are crying. I think I am single handedly keeping Kleenex in business. I cry because I feel so ungrateful. Then I cry because I just feel so darn blessed.

Right now I'm tucked into bed. It's 8:24pm and I'm hoping an earlier than usual night will help me to be more level tomorrow.

Ok - enough venting. GAH! Who wants to hear all that??

Ian has been working with Jordan and she knows almost the entire alphabet and her numbers up to 12. Not only does she recite them, she can recognize them written on their own.

I've told you many, many times before....she's brilliant. I think we can agree on who she takes after, can't we?

That's right, her father.

Tomorrow Sam and Julie get their report cards. I can't wait to see them because they're pretty brilliant you know. They also take after their father.

And Wednesday I have my big ultrasound to make sure everything looks good with Baby. I've requested that they note the gender and I look forward to sharing that with you.

Ok, I'm done. Time to take this crankasaurus to bed!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Hello my dear, you are pregnant and all those emotions, while frustrating, are normal. As long as your husband understands and can help you through it, you're good. You will survive this and you'll have great news for us tomorrow because you will let us know what gender your new little blessing will be.

    Oh, and feel free to vent whenever you need to anytime it makes you feel better okay? Okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O Kate, you are not alone. I have these day too...more often than I care to admit. And it seems that on these days God's gentle voice continually reminds me of His Word, "Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances. For this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." [1 Thessalonians 5:17] Hope tomorrow is a bright new day for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello my dear, you are pregnant and all those emotions, while frustrating, are normal. As long as your husband understands and can help you through it, you're good. You will survive this and you'll have great news for us tomorrow because you will let us know what gender your new little blessing will be.

    Oh, and feel free to vent whenever you need to anytime it makes you feel better okay? Okay.

    ReplyDelete