Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Birthday Eve

Hard to believe tomorrow is the "big day".

I am a mess of emotion.

So excited, yet incredibly nervous.

I always worry about my babies during delivery and tomorrow will be no exception.

I'm not sure how tomorrow will go, but I expect it to be a very long day. I was told to be ready by 8am and the hospital will call me when it's time to come in. That's what they said back when they were going to induce Jordan and they didn't call until 4:30ish, and even then I didn't get a room until 11:30 pm.

I expect that they will start me off with the gel and either send me home or have me walk around the hospital a bit. As for when the actual induction will start, I don't know.

So... it could be a very long day.

I'm so sad that my mom won't be there for this delivery. She's going to keep the children for us because my aunt (who was going to watch the children when I delivered) doesn't arrive until the 15th. I'm grateful they will be well cared for and in a place that makes them happy, but I'll miss having her there so much.

Ian has packed The Labour Shirt. He wears the same blue t-shirt for each delivery. I packed it away in my box of special things after Jordan was born, never imagining we'd need it again!

He wore the shirt when Sam was born, then it was a coincidence that he was wearing it again when Julie was born. As soon as I knew I was pregnant with Jordan I went looking for it!

I ramble when I'm nervous. Can you tell?

I was up all last night because it was so hot in the house and my mind was racing. I felt under such fierce spiritual attack. It was unbelievable. I eventually went downstairs and prayed and cried for hours. Ian came down in the early hours and sat with me, talking me through a bunch of stuff. I love that man with all of my heart. He is so good to me.

Jordan and I visited with my mom this morning, then Ian picked us up and we went to buy the 50% off incredibly overpriced uber stylish Eddie Bauer stroller.

Holy pickles ... that thing is nice. I hope some mother in the park doesn't try to roll me for it.

Ugh. I hate spending money.

Ok. I guess I should try to get some sleep so I won't be too exhausted tomorrow.

I may be back to ramble some more. If so, bear with me!

I can't wait to meet our son, and see his little nose and lips and tiny fingers. To feel his little head against my cheek, and rub his little back. And play with his tiny toes...

And I can't wait to introduce him to you.

Bye for now :-)

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Praying for peace, a healthy little baby, and a relatively easy labour (do you like how I added the u?) and delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS! Best wishes to you and your family tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here I am, feeling all emotional and teary for you, knowing how hard and exciting these times are, then you go and say "I hope some mother in the park doesn't try to roll me for it" and I die in fits of laughter!

    YOU ROCK!! I am so excited to meet this little man of yours! Good luck my friend...I'll be thinking aboutcha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see him either! Praying for a speedy and safe delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thinking of you today, Kate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the arrival of Matthew! I started reading your blog about a week ago. Good timing!

    ReplyDelete