Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Quick Update Because I've Been A Slacker

Matthew is two weeks old today! Hard to believe it's only been that long. It feels like he's been with us forever. We were cuddling in bed together this morning and I watched the clock turn to 9:17 and gave him a little squeeze, wishing him a happy two week birthday.

It amazes me that if things had progressed "normally", he still wouldn't be here! My due date was this Saturday. He's like this incredible gift that we were given to enjoy two and a half weeks early.

I am completely in love with him, as is the rest of the family. Jordan seems to think he's her pet! There has been zero jealousy from her. I'm amazed!

Tomorrow is his two week well baby visit. I'm curious to see how much he's gained, if anything. He eats a lot then will projectile spit up some. And when I say projectile, I'm talking through the nose at my FACE! He was born weighing 7lbs 11 oz, and at his 72 hour check up he was down to 7 lbs even. Just for fun I asked them to weigh me. I only gained 7 lbs for the entire pregnancy, so I was hoping to have lost close to that. Turns out I was down 10 lbs.

AWESOME!

Now I can say I was back to my pre-pregnancy weight in a few days.

Ha.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~


The letter "L" broke off my laptop. I'm hoping Ian can glue it back together because it's annoying me. You don't notice how many words have "L" in it until you don't have an "L" key.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~


There is something wrong with my oven. It beeps constantly when it's turned on. It heats perfectly fine but that beeping, UGH! I wanted to punch it in the kidneys tonight.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~


Julie has been home sick for the last two days, poor thing. She missed Movie Day at school today and is hoping to make it tomorrow for Play Day.

Sam is counting the minutes until school is out. They finish on the 30th. I'm envious of all the American kids that finished last month.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~


Tonight I finally cleared off my desk and pulled out my beloved sewing machine, Sassy Susie. I'm going to sew some blankets for Matthew and some pillow cases for the children as soon as I have some down time. I found a print with sea shells, sunglasses and flip flops that came in blue, yellow and white to make into pillow cases for Sam, Julie and Jordan. I'm not a great sewer (seamstress?) but it really relaxes me.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~


I keep feeling like something is crawling on me but when I look there isn't anything. Am I losing my mind?

~*~ ~*~ ~*~


I'm glad I'm seeing Dr L tomorrow. My hormones have been out of whack since Matthew's birth, and I've had some significant periods of feeling blue. I'm keeping an eye on it as I've had post-partum depression before and it was awful. I'm hoping he'll tell me it will pass.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~


That's about all I have to talk about tonight. I have a lot on my mind but I haven't processed what I'm feeling clearly enough to talk about yet. Maybe tomorrow.

Goodnight :-)

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. You know...if you ever need another sympathetic ear to talk to, I'm always here! Skype, gmail, Facebook, whatev, girl...you name it, I'm there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy two week birthday to Matthew!

    Sometimes I feel things crawling on me that aren't there either. Glad I'm not alone. :)

    I hope you feel back to your usualy self soon!

    ReplyDelete