Friday, May 30, 2008

In Other News....

Yesterday I visited with my friend Dawn. She and I have known each other since we were pregnant with our sons ten years ago but really only became close when she was losing her father to cancer. How heartbreaking that time was for her.

Dawn's and my friendship is a really strange one. We talk daily and share just about everything going on in our lives, but we don't actually get to see each other face to face all that often.

Well, yesterday I visited with her and her adorable 13 month old son, Julian. He is SO CUTE! He even gave me a couple of hugs and kisses. My daughter, however, wouldn't settle with Dawn. (Ha!)

Dawn knew how badly I wanted a Bumbo for Jordan and she loaned me Julian's! She looks SO CUTE sitting in it! She doesn't really know what to do with herself while she's sitting there.

She also lent us a play mat that has little animals hanging over her and plays music. Very catchy tunes I must say. She lay underneath it for quite awhile this afternoon, smiling and cooing and kicking her little legs. I think it's a hit.

Thanks again for loaning them to us, Dawn!

I always feel sad after a visit with her because I never know when we'll get together again. Life gets in the way but at least we have our webcams!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure she will love her Bumbo!

    I'm glad you had such a nice visit with Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure she will love her Bumbo!

    I'm glad you had such a nice visit with Dawn!

    ReplyDelete