Saturday, May 10, 2008

St Jacobs

Today Ian and I headed out to St Jacobs with the kids to look around. I have only been there once and that was when I was pregnant with Sam. Ian had gone to look at cowboy boots and I suddenly felt like I was going to faint and two lovely amish ladies sat me down and got me water.

Today was gorgeous and it was so nice to walk around without having to wear a sweater. I came across a booth with glassware that had beautiful flowers painted on them. I ended up buying a vase with pink flowers on it to give my mom for mother's day. It is really gorgeous and I kind of wish I bought two of them so I could keep one. Ian told me to go back but I didn't. Oh well.. it will give me a reason to go back (girl's-day-road-trip Jen!)

We checked out the outlet mall and that's where things got weird. There is a group called the Red Hat Society. It's a women's only group that does some charity fundraising and goes on outings together (teas, ball games, etc). You will recognize them by their large red hats and purple outfits. If you are under 50 you wear pink hats and lavender clothing, over 50 you wear red hats and purple clothing. Anyway, I digress.

At this mall there was a bunch of "Red Hats" shopping. Everywhere Jordan and I went we were approached by these women. They fawned over my "absolutely gorgeous" baby, touching her (ugh) and rubbing her face (double ugh). A couple of them actually FOLLOWED us from one store to another before apologizing for staring at her but she was "absolutely gorgeous"! Ok, thanks ladies but you're creeping me out!

Ian had taken Sam and Julie upstairs to see the Lego store and once we hooked up again I was ready to go. I'd had enough of people touching my baby! I never know what to say and "stop touching my baby!" seems so rude.

We stopped for dinner at Swiss Chalet on our way home and I stepped out of my comfort zone and ordered something different. Oooh Kate... livin' on the edge!

Sam and Julie played outside with their bubble maker and made a few new friends. It's the first year they've been allowed to play outside without us so they haven't met any of these kids before. I hope they don't get too attached to them because we are still planning on moving!

2 comments:

  1. Wow...cutting the cord with the kids are you? :)

    I'm glad you had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...cutting the cord with the kids are you? :)

    I'm glad you had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete