Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Drive-By Post

I am almost finished my Christmas shopping. I have only a few gifts left to buy and I pretty much know where to find what I need. I still have a ton of wrapping to do and haven't even started my baking yet. Maybe this weekend I will get around to it.

My aunt arrived today. Mom and I picked her up at the airport. I love it there...it's so exciting. I am always inspired to go somewhere, but then I remember my intense fear of flying and the inspiration goes away.

Jordan is on day 5 of her cold. I feel so sorry for her and it's very clear that she feels so lousy. I finally took her to see Dr. L today and he said her ears, throat and chest were clear, its just viral and we have to wait it out. Poor thing. She weighs 20 lbs which shocked me. I was expecting around 25 lbs.

The more he checked her out the more excited he got. "Look at her growth chart! Look at it! Could she BE any more perfect?"

My sentiments exactly.

He went on to say "She's better than perfect...she's...she's..."

"Brilliant?" I supplied.

"She certainly is!" he agreed.

But of course. ;-) Brilliant children are the only ones I make.

He got so into playing with her I had to jokingly tell him to focus because I had a ton of questions. We wrapped up with him saying he wanted to take her home.

I checked out Mitchell's going-out-of-business sale tonight. Every single book - both hardcover and soft - are $2.95.

!!!

Bibles are $7.95!

!!!

I bought a copy of The Message which I have been wanting for awhile. I could have browsed for hours but I had my nephew with me.

I just finished writing my Christmas cards and my tongue has a paper cut and it tastes funny. I should invent an envelope that has chocolate tasting glue. I would be famous.

Anyway... I'll mail them tomorrow but I honestly don't expect them to arrive at their destination by Christmas. I am late for everything. But just when you are experiencing the Post Christmas Day Letdown... a card arrives from Yours Truly.

Oh... it will be like Christmas all over again.

Here it is, almost midnight. I wanted to be in bed by 9:30!

3 comments:

  1. Of course she is brilliant!!! :D

    I hope she feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome sale - I could really clean up at a sale like that!! :D

    I'm just taking my cards to the post office today...I'm so behind this year. I don't like being behind! But I had better get used to it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:59 p.m.

    your kids are so funny and cute (counting this & previous posts!) <><

    ReplyDelete