Thursday, December 04, 2008

Someone...Help Me...

Pssst!! I think Ian is trying to kill me!

His poison of choice? Buckley's Cough Syrup.

Oh friends...this stuff is n-a-s-t-y!

It's pretty much common knowledge that if you pinch your nose it will cut off your taste buds. I have done this my entire life and it has always worked.

Until today.

Ian brought home the Buckleys and made me take some. Oh man.. this stuff tastes like Vicks Vaporub! In my mouth!

!!!

It didn't matter what I rinsed with or ate afterwards, the taste wouldn't go away. Nothing I did helped. I have felt nauseated all day. All day.

I am thinking about their commercials where they say "It tastes awful, but it works!" Then the people take a spoonful and make this mild little grossed out face. I would have gotten fired from that commercial because I started heaving as soon as I swallowed the second spoonful.

I think Ian used the biggest spoon he could find, that's what I think.

:-(

Poor me.

Everyone says it really works. I don't know if it does or not, I just know that I'm afraid to cough in Ian's presence because he is poised and ready to make me take more. And I'm not going to do it.

In other news....

Tonight was our Christmas party for Girls Club. Ian did a magic show for the girls which they loved. One of them wrote me a lovely Christmas letter, thanking me for spending time with her. I felt so teary when I read it because I pray for this particular girl all the time. There were so many hands helping to clean up and take down the tables and somehow my letter got misplaced and I am so sad about that.

I brought Jordan tonight and the girls were all over her. I had to push aside my major cootie issues and just let them love on her like they wanted. I love observing them and seeing their gentle hearts in action. We don't restart the next session until the second week of January and I felt sad saying goodbye to them tonight.

I am missing them already...

Tomorrow I am taking the older children up north to their grandparents so they can spend the weekend there. I miss them so much when they're gone and the house just doesn't feel right until they're home again.

That's it for today. Over and out.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:33 p.m.

    Now to put the Buckley's tale in perspective, the spoon was a TINY tea spoon - literally the smallest I could find, and considering the number of times we have dealt with our children not wanting to take cold medicine with the words "Oh just take it... it's not that bad, and you can have a drink right after!" I assumed that either of the adults in our house could put up with a little bit of medicine.... guess I've got 4 kids instead of 3. Good thing that I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blah blah blah...I can't hear you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ian (aka "The Poisoner"11:00 p.m.

    Now to put the Buckley's tale in perspective, the spoon was a TINY tea spoon - literally the smallest I could find, and considering the number of times we have dealt with our children not wanting to take cold medicine with the words "Oh just take it... it's not that bad, and you can have a drink right after!" I assumed that either of the adults in our house could put up with a little bit of medicine.... guess I've got 4 kids instead of 3. Good thing that I love them all!

    ReplyDelete