Monday, October 11, 2010

End Of A Great Weekend

While I'm sad that this wonderful weekend is now over, I feel like the days were well spent.

Yesterday I decided on the spur of the moment to drive a few cities over to a fabric store to see what kinds of prints they had. Julie decided to come with me, and after a quick stop at Tim Horton's we were off.

Just over a half hour later we reached our destination, only to find that the store was closed yesterday for the Thanksgiving weekend. It didn't even occur to me to call first.

We drove around for a bit looking at the little shops and houses and enjoying easy conversation and laughter. I try very hard to have one-on-one time with Julie at least once a week to keep us connected and yesterday was perfect for that.

We browsed a clothing store and she gave me her opinion on back-to-work clothes. I feel like I've been in a bubble for the last three years and have lost all sense of style. If it isn't comfy then I don't wear it. I felt a little excited about the looks for Fall...right up my alley.

We grabbed a quick lunch at McDonalds, went to our local grocery store and after dropping everything off at home we took Willow to the conservation area to run around.

When we were coming home Julie looked at me and thanked me for our time together and said "I can't get enough of you, Mom."

She melts my heart.

Today we visited Ian's parents and stayed for dinner.

In other news... I am now an iPhone user. And true to my weird addiction to naming all of my belongings, I have named my phone Javier. He's a lot of phone for me but I'm learning slowly.

I like that it's basically a little computer. With fun games. And a police scanner. And I can play Words With Friends with Melissa. It's amazing how many cool apps there are.

Now when people say "There's an app for that!" I'll know what they're talking about.

Anyway, our phones are up for renewal and Ian got the new iPhone 4G and so he gave me his old iPhone so I can get used to it, and in another month or so he'll get me my own iPhone 4G.

I don't know if I can handle that much technology. Seriously. I can't even switch the input for the tv so I can watch a DVD. I have to get one of the children to help a mother out.

I felt lousy all last week with the onset of a cold, and it's really starting to settle in. My nose is sniffly and I'm sneezing a lot.

Is it true that every time you sneeze your heart stops? I'd google it but I'm too lazy.

Ok, enough chatter for now.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend :-)

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Awww...you made me all teary!! First, you warmed my heart with what Julie said to you!! Then, you made me cry 'cuz *whine* I wanna play Words with Friends with you!!!

    Look me up...or, better yet, I'll start stalking WWF for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely weekend. Your kids say some of the sweetest things!! Don't doubt my intelligence when I start using three letter words because I only have vowels or something silly like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh geez I really hope not because I've been on a sneezefest lately! I have to blow my nose just to make it stop (strange but true)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a sweetheart girl you have!
    iPhone = best life change ever made!!!!(okay, besides believing in Jesus, marriage and babies!) We had the 3G ones and then my tech crazy husband got the new one, sold mine on Ebay for an insane amount and got me the new one too! I LOOOOOVE it! So many fun things. When I die, my hand is going to be permanently curved in the phone holding position. It's a rough life! ;) Welcome to Kate's world, Javier!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet little girl you have! So glad yall had a girls day :) Those are the best!

    Good Luck with Javier.. know he will treat you right ;) Have a great day girlfriend

    ReplyDelete