Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Happy

Lately I'm just so full of happy that I don't know what to do with it all.

We made it.

I stare at those three words and my eyes fill with tears.

We have had such a difficult year and a half. I haven't shared a fraction of how hard it has been because I didn't want to complain and be ungrateful for what we did have.

But it was hard. Heartbreaking. Scary. Exhausting. I felt forgotten and unloved by God. My gratitude journal went from things I was thankful for, to prayers from the bottom of my terrified and broken heart. I held on to my faith by my fingertips, begging God to show me He was there.

And here we are on the other side.

We made it.

I am amazed by how God has changed our circumstances. He didn't just answer my prayers. He ANSWERED MY PRAYERS. Exceeded them. He is who He says He is, and He loves just as He says He loves.

Oh, so full of happy. He is good. He is good.

How do I thank you for the support you have given me during this season? How do I express to you how deeply your words have impacted me? How do I make you understand how thankful I am for the prayers you said on our behalf when I was too broken to pray?

Thank you isn't enough. It's not. But it's all I have.

Thank you, sweet friends.



Photobucket




16 comments:

  1. Love you, sweet friend. So glad to see you happy and content!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you too, M. So thankful for you.

      Delete
  2. And you deserve this happy!! God is good indeed. It is wonderful to know that there is community walking alongside of you in those times when we can't seem to handle things alone. People praying and lifting us up....such an amazing gift! Have a wonderful day friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So thankful for you and all the love, encouragement and prayer you gave me. Your words lifted me on many occasions, friend.

      Delete
  3. A thank you isn't even necessary. We know you are. I'm so happy for you and your family. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy your happy! :) God is always faithful :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. God is good. All the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes He is. Praying for you and your sweet baby!

      Delete
  7. Love the title of this post! I am so happy for you. You deserve a break. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mags - its been a painful road and we are so thankful for this fresh start.

      Delete
  8. Anonymous11:11 p.m.

    Love this, love you! So, so happy for you!! I need to get my act together and send you an email.

    Cassandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm late to comment but just wanted to you to know that I am so very happy that you are happy! I'm praying that you guys share many new memories in your new home. The best is yet to come! :)

    ReplyDelete