Sunday, July 29, 2012

More Rambling

I've been a very lazy blogger lately. Seems like there's always so much going on and I don't have a lot of energy left at the end of the day to blog.

I'm currently enjoying a four day weekend. Yesterday I visited with my mom and aunt for awhile and enjoyed a nap in the afternoon. I went to bed early and read until I fell asleep, missing the opening ceremonies for the Olympics. Apparently Canada has yet to win a medal.

Lots of drama surrounding Chick-Fil-A this week. It's crazy how out of control people are getting. I asked a sincere question on a friend's facebook wall the other day and someone posted in response to me, absolutely losing her mind. I wasn't looking for an argument - I simply wanted to know why it is considered hatred to disagree with the gay lifestyle. And like I said, she lost her mind. She ranted at me and insulted me, and she didn't even ask my position on the topic. I was so embarrassed for her. It's people like that who lose any sort of credibility in explaining their position. I feel sorry for people who have such anger in them. What hurt the most wasn't her hateful words to me, it was that my friend kept absolutely silent and let it happen. That really stung. I think people need to just settle down and stop pushing their opinions on to others, and be more concerned with loving each other.

I'm loving Sam's new haircut. And today he got contacts. He was at the optometrist for two and a half hours learning how to put them in and take them out. He looks like a different kid.

Julie and Jordan also had their hair cut this week. Mattie needs his cut but I don't know what to do with it. Brush cut? Spiky? I don't know.

My nephew turned 20 today and Sam and I went to my mom's for his birthday dinner. We got home just before ten, and then I kidnapped Julie and we went to Dairy Queen. It was a beautiful night so we ate our ice cream outside, talking and laughing together.

Our Jordan has been exceptionally chatty this week and makes us laugh with her antics. She cannot wait to go to school this fall, and talks constantly about all the friends she's going to have and the snacks she's going to bring.

Matthew can now say dada, cookie and mama. His little voice is so adorable.

Tomorrow I'm going shopping for some more work clothes and Monday we're all going to the African Lion Safari. So excited.

Ok, I'm done. 'Night all!

Photobucket






2 comments:

  1. Do you guys even have chick-fil-a in Canada? My aunt is from Hapeville, GA and I've had the pleasure of eating at the Original Dwarf House, which was the first Chick-fil-a restaurant ever. I fully support equal marriage rights for all couples, but have chosen not to boycott this company because I agree with you... S. Truett Cathy has every right to stand up for what he believes in, even if I don't agree with him. Regardless of how he feels, he invented a pretty darn tasty sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! Thanks for the update on your family - it sounds like you guys are quite busy over there!

    I, too, am saddened by how much hatred people have inside of them, especially regarding this topic. All we can really do is love on them even in the midst of their anger. It's such a hard position to be in.

    Hoping that you have a wonderfully relaxing day!

    ReplyDelete