Saturday, November 29, 2008

Saturday Update

I can't believe that Jordan is 8 months old today. As always, I find myself wondering where the time has gone. It feels like only yesterday when I saw her beautiful face for the very first time. I have enjoyed every moment with her - the good ones and the frustrating ones. She is so perfect and has fit into the family so well. How I managed without her I will never know.

This was us just after her first bath on her Birth Day.



And here she is at 8 months old, waving.



Julie was awesome at soccer today. She was the goalie for the first half and only one ball got by her, she blocked all the rest. I was so proud of her. At one point she stopped the ball and a group of us went wild cheering for her. She's feeling pretty good about herself today.

I spent the day at my mom's yesterday and she was in more pain than I have ever seen her in. After lunch she went upstairs to take a pain reliever and to rest. She slept for a couple of hours which I was so grateful for as she isn't able to sleep much at all. Her doctor has advised her against surgery and has stopped her physiotherapy altogether. Apparently there is "nothing more they can do".

Maybe so. But my God can do anything. And I am praying constantly for full and complete healing for my mother, and I continue to ask that you pray alongside me as well.

Here is a picture of Sonic.



He and Shadow have become fast friends and often "talk" late into the night, according to Sam.

And here is the prayer card I told you about, that we made at Coffee Hour this week. I am going to make a couple more of them, as I have a few things I want to concentrate on praying for.





Thursday night was exciting as usual. We made chocolate molds with the girls. I was able to spend time with each girl as we worked, and got to know a bit more about each of them. They continue to hug me and a few have started telling me they love me. I am blessed each week. One of them spent an evening making Christmas cards for everyone in the group! Such precious young girls. Next week is our Christmas party and then we're done until January.

Well, I'm off to the library. Catch you later...

No comments:

Post a Comment