Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Perspective

You know, every time I start to feel frustrated with our circumstances or start feeling sorry for myself, I am reminded of those all around me who are enduring so much worse.

This afternoon, a woman I used to work with many years ago, buried her 8 year old son. He passed away from cancer on Friday.

I can't even wrap my head around the enormity of her loss.

So we're struggling with employment and financial issues.

So what?

Our children are healthy.

Our marriage is the strongest it's ever been.

We have a place to live with food in our fridge.

Our home is filled with love.

I have my mother, and Ian has both of his parents.

We're waiting for some (hopefully positive!) news on the job front for Ian in the next couple of days. We hate this feeling of being in limbo, but hopefully it will all pay off. It's a tense time.

All in all, blessings abound.

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Just read your last post too. Yay! for continued good results. Yay! That you'll have that baby in your arms soon.

    I'm glad to see that you can see blessings in your circumstances. Sorry that your former co-worker lost her son. What a devastating loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you can keep prospective and stay positive. This is just a bump in the long road. I pray for you guys daily. Big Hugs!! MM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just read your last post too. Yay! for continued good results. Yay! That you'll have that baby in your arms soon.

    I'm glad to see that you can see blessings in your circumstances. Sorry that your former co-worker lost her son. What a devastating loss.

    ReplyDelete