Monday, May 16, 2011

Yet Another Prenatal Update

Today was my two week prenatal appointment.

I'm getting tired of going to the doctor so much. I know it's necessary, but I'm beginning to feel like a regular fixture.

After my next appointment I'll be going every single week.

Yikes.

Anyway, I was horrified to learn I've gained 4 1/2 lbs. But that's total, so I'll have to deal with it.

My blood pressure is on the higher end of normal (for me) but Dr L isn't concerned. Baby's heart rate is in the high 150's and the results of my last ultrasound were excellent.

It was a really good appointment today, and he was very chatty. He answered my questions and we talked about my delivery. He said that at one of my next few appointments we'll talk about him doing a "stretch and sweep" to see if he can put me into labour.

Ew!

I'd rather have my cushy induced labour with a side of epidural, thank you very much.

I will need another ultrasound, so I'll book that in the next few days. And due to new policy, I'll need to meet with an anaesthesiologist to discuss the risks of taking an epidural (It will be my fourth! Pretty sure I know!) and to go over some information in the event of an emergency c-section.

He's already said he won't let me go past my due date, and has hinted that I may even have the baby beforehand. Hey, I'm all on board for that, as long as it's safe for Baby.

And frankly, I'm d-o-n-e with pregnancy. I love my children dearly, and I love that my body can do this, but I am getting my butt kicked this time around.

So that's it. Baby is healthy, Mama is healthy. Less than six weeks until showtime.

I can't wait.

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Exciting!!! So glad everything is running along smoothly! Any chance of a pic of your sweet baby bump! (I'm living vicariously through you!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I can't wait either!!!

    I'm with Cindy...if I've said it once, I've said it a million times...'BABY BUMP PHOTOS'!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are both healthy! I'll pray it continues that way. 6 more weeks- wow! I have 10 more weeks. :) This is my second and I'm ready to have him already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! Go Mama!! So glad everything is going well and that you're feeling great! Sure wish I could say I only gained 4 1/2 pounds!! It's been depressing seeing all the cute shorts and dresses in the malls...I can't wait to be my normal size again! Keep us posted!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only 4 1/2 pounds--that's awesome! I've gained that much in each ankle! ;) You are so totally in the home stretch (in every sense of the words!)! Hoping baby will get here in a nice, perfectly timed manner with little pain and lots of joy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited for you...I could just burst!! :) 5 weeks, right?! And seriously, 5lbs?! I've doubled that and I've not even half way!! :) Have an awesome weekend with the family!!

    MM

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so excited for you...I could just burst!! :) 5 weeks, right?! And seriously, 5lbs?! I've doubled that and I've not even half way!! :) Have an awesome weekend with the family!!

    MM

    ReplyDelete