Friday, August 05, 2011

5QF - August 5

Anyone else amazed that it's August already? I don't even know where July went.

The children are enjoying staying up late (too late) at night and sleeping in each morning. Sam is our latest sleeper, usually coming upstairs around noon.

I'm jealous.

I find myself saying those words I hated hearing my mom say when I used to sleep in: "You've wasted half your day!!"

Meh. She was right of course.

Ian took the children to see the Smurf movie yesterday and Jordan was driving them all crazy with her "la la la-ing" the theme song. I asked if she liked the movie and she said "I LOVE IT!"

Yesterday I tried my hand at appliqueing t-shirts. It's a ridiculously easy project to do and I can't wait to do more.

Here are the ones I did yesterday. Please forgive the quality of the photos. My beloved camera, MaryBeth, is being fussy right now, so these were taken quickly with my iPhone.

This one is for Jordan.



"J is for Jornan and Jornan is ME!" she said.

And this one is for Matthew:



He didn't say anything because, well, he's a baby.

I think I'm going to stitch along the edges just to make sure the letters stay on.

It's time for Mama M's Five Question Friday which she hosts over at My Little Life!



1. Do you have siblings and are you close with them?

I have one sister and we are not close at all. She can be a very hateful and cruel woman and I have had no choice but to close off all contact with her completely. It's so sad, really. We've never had that warm, loving, sisterly relationship and I've given up waiting for it to happen. She hates me and I've accepted it. Finally.

2. Would you rather be slightly UNDER weight or slightly OVER weight?

I'd love to be slightly under weight just to know what that feels like. I've battled with my weight my entire life so experiencing the other side of things would be a welcome change.

3. What's your favorite State Fair food to splurge on?

We don't have State Fairs here, so I'm just going to tell you what kind of food I like to splurge on.

All kinds.

Except for seafood because seafood is gross.

4. What are your thoughts on your kid(s) going to school in a few weeks?

We're right in the middle of our summer break and it's right about this time that I start wondering (read: obsessing) if I've provided enough entertainment or day trips for them while they've been home.

My mother has rented a cottage at Sherkston Shores again this summer and she's invited us to come and spend a few days with her and my nephew. YAY! That will definitely be the highlight of the children's summer. Mine too. When we were there last year I went to sleep each night so happy because everyone I loved most in the world was (were?) all under the same roof. Can't wait for that to happen again.

Once the last week of August rolls around we're all ready for a new chapter to begin. I'll miss them while they're at school but I'll be busy at home with two little ones to care for, and that will make the days pass quickly until they're home again.

5. Pool or Ocean?

Pool! No one has ever been bitten by a shark or had the flesh stripped off them by a piranha in a pool. No little fish swimming into your leg or creepy, slimy seaweed touching you. Nope. Just glorious, shark/piranha/fish/seaweed free water.

Just a side note... an old neighbour of mine used to have a sign on his pool deck that said "Please don't pee in our pool! We don't swim in your toilet!"

And it makes me laugh to this very day.

Have a great Friday!

Head on over to Mama M's blog My Little Life to join in on the fun!

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Way to go on the shirts! I love the colors and patterns you chose. Crafty lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've probably told you this before, but your posts make me smile all the way through them...and no to seafood?! I like you even more!!
    I kind of wish I liked seafood...seems like it's the cool thing to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on the underweight/overweight thing, lol!!!

    Your appliques are darling! Great job!

    ReplyDelete