Monday, August 01, 2011

7 Weeks

Matthew is now 7 weeks old.

Well, 7 weeks and 4 days to be precise.

Isn't that crazy?

Last Monday was his six week check up as well as my six week post partum check up. Ian came with me so he could watch Matthew when it was my turn.

When we were in the elevator, Ian and I took bets on what Matthew weighed. He guessed between 11 and 12 lbs. I said no way was he over 10 lbs.

He now weighs 11 1/2 lbs!

WOW!

I hate it when Ian is right! ;-)

Dr L checked Matt all over and pronounced him perfect. He seems to really like him a lot, and will comment on how alert he is, or how much hair he has, etc. I love it. I'm very proud of my little boy. He goes back on August 29th for his next check up and first round of vaccinations.

My portion of the appointment went very well. All my innards have returned to normal, my blood pressure is back to normal and I've lost 25 lbs.

BOOYAH!

I'm seeing numbers on the scale I haven't seen in a very long time and it's really given me a boost to put a sincere effort into losing more. I've got a goal in my mind of what I'd like to lose before Matthew's next appointment and I think it's doable. Not killing myself by any means, but taking it one step at a time so that the results last.

Dr L made me laugh when he said that should I get pregnant again (GASP!) he didn't know who would be more stressed out...him or me. HA! I told him I had no plans for any more children and he said that birth control works best when it isn't left in the nightstand.

WHAAAT!?

A sweet church friend is developing her photography portfolio and a few months ago she asked if she could borrow Matthew so she could practice on him. Of course I said yes and we met up this past week.

Here are my two favourite photos:





I think there might be a small window of time when it's best to photograph a newborn and I think we might have missed it. He has several periods where he is wide awake and very alert, and if he's not in my arms he is very fussy. Unfortunately he fussed for my friend and made her job very difficult. I think she was relieved when we left!

He is so squishy and soft and cuddly. A perfect armful that loves to be held and sung to. I can't believe I was worried about how he would fit in with our family - he just does!

Our family is now complete.

Life is beautiful.

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. We missed that window too and I'm so sad... I really wanted newborn photos and we just didn't get it done with the epic move and setting up the new house and now it's too late! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable little man you have there! Great story too. Made me smile almost as much as those cute baby pictures. You are blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My gosh, he is just so yummy! I wish I could "smoosh" on him!!! <3

    Congrats on the "new" numbers on the scale! That's exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing, isn't it? How we struggle to accept how something so wonderful will or won't fit into our lives and then, BAM! It just happens. LOVE.
    And, I want him. Please? I'm sure we could make him fit into our lives too! I'd teach him how to say "you betcha" and he'd love my HOTDISHES and we could come to visit you.
    Whaddya say?

    ReplyDelete