Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Rambling

Sam and Julie have been visiting with their grandparents since Sunday. I'm missing them terribly but they come home tomorrow and I can't wait. I enjoy my children so much and I hate it when they're away from me.

Jordan, for the most part, has been ok with them being gone. She wasn't invited to stay for this visit so we've been trying to keep her busy and give her lots of extra attention. She's used to having everyone's attention but since Matthew's arrival she's had to share her spotlight.

We haven't been able to take her anywhere because our only vehicle is in the shop for repairs. This is our third summer without air conditioning, and the second summer that the passenger side window won't open. Then, on Friday, the driver's side window wouldn't open. We were baking inside! So, Ian ran it over to the shop for them to fix the driver's window. It should be ready to be picked up tomorrow.

Yesterday Mom picked Jordan, Matthew and I up and brought us over to her house to visit for the afternoon while Ian did some contract work. I tend to talk a lot when I'm with my mom. And by "a lot" I mean A LOT. My throat actually hurt by the time she brought me home.

In the evening Ian, the littles and I walked over to Walmart to pick up some painting supplies. Matt's stroller is in the back of the van, so he got to ride along in Jordan's pink and grey stroller.

Poor guy. I tried to make the experience better by dressing him in gender neutral clothing so that people wouldn't notice him in a girly stroller. While I was looking at sewing supplies a woman was looking at him and said "Oh she's beautiful!"

"Thank you!" I said with pride.

Sorry Matt.

We stopped at McDonald's before heading home. Jordan loved walking in the dark. We stopped at the park and she and Ian went down the slide a few times and climbed all over. When we got home Jordan had a few tears when she was taking off her shoes because she was missing Sam and Jules, and said "Sam and Juby come home NOW!" and bawled.

I wanted to do the same.

BUT! They're coming home TOMORROW! YAY!

Today Ian moved Julie's bedroom furniture so that I could paint her walls. Julie picked a lovely shade of blue and it looks so clean and crisp. I am not a fan of painting because I always drip it all over the dropsheets and then I step in it. Lots of oh come on! oh for petes sake! really? REALLY!? comments going on.

By the time I was done I had paint everywhere. Even in my mouth.

IN.MY.MOUTH.

I think it got in there when I was singing like I was Beyonce in the concert of my life.

Anyway, it looks GREAT. Ian is going to move her bedroom furniture and hang a waterfall mural on the remaining wall. Can't wait to see it when it's finished. Julie will be so excited.

And that's the end of today's rambling.

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. I'm a messy painter too. My mom is not. Drives me crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly why I never use He or She, only... what a beautiful baby! Don't worry, Momma. Pretty sure he won't recall the pink stroller incident. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe, your painting comments made me giggle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. In your mouth! Ha!

    Sounds like your girl's room is going to be beautiful when it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah hah! It worked! I had to click off of "stay signed in" on my gmail account! I think. Heehee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Scott's been mistaken for a girl many times too. It's strange to me, though, because even in his ultrasound pictures, I've always thought he had more boyish features....but then I'm his mama.... Oh well! Now that he's outgrown all the things I bought before he was born I've been buying all blue! :-) Can't wait to see pics of Julie's new room!

    ReplyDelete