Saturday, August 13, 2011

My Ideal Day


I love my children and I truly enjoy being with them. I'm not someone who feels the need to take a weekend away from my family to get a break and I hate it when my children aren't sleeping under our roof.

I miss them.

Two children ago I actually passed up the opportunity to vacation in Jamaica with Ian because I didn't want to be away from them.

Dumb!

If I knew then that the Lord was going to bless us with two more children then I think I would have said yes!

Still, I do dream of having one single day to myself.

How would I spend it? Oh I'll tell you.

First, I'd sleep late.



Then I'd enjoy one of these with a large steeped tea while relaxing in bed watching A Baby Story on tv.



I'd grab some of these...



... and read them while soaking in this.



I think at this point I'd like a short nap before spending a few hours with my beloved Sassy Susie...



Then I'd break for one of these.



Eventually I'd take Willow for a walk along the ravine.



I'd go back to bed and lay under the covers reading this for a few hours.



Then I'd order this and eat it with an ice cold Molson Canadian beer while watching whatever shows are on TLC.



And then...Ian and my children would come home and things would continue on as they should be.

If YOU could have a single day to yourself to do with whatever you wanted, how would you spend it?

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I'd sleep. Preferably snuggled up to Cody. But really, sleep. I miss it. That's all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. all I know is that I would NOT spend it cleaning, which is what my husband thinks I should be doing if he takes the kids anywhere :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK- your day sounds pretty good to me and I'd do many of the same things! :) I'm like you- I don't feel a need to get away from my kids. I know someone that has her mom watch her kids quite frequently on the weekends....and she and her husband both work full time during the week. It would break my heart to miss the weekends after working all week!

    ReplyDelete