Friday, March 09, 2012

5QF ~ March 9

Today is Matthew's 9 month birthday! And how did he choose to ring in this wonderful day? By sleeping through the night last night.

Thank you, sweet one. Keep it up and we'll let you stay.

Yesterday's playgroup went pretty well. Matthew barfed on the carpet but the hostess was really cool about it. There were a lot of kids there. Three other infants aged 5-9 months that were all girls, so Matthew had his pick ;-) And there were quite a few preschoolers as well. Turns out one of the ladies there is close friends with Sam's french teacher. Small world. We talked about all things parenting and it was nice. I was the oldest mother there, something I'm noticing all over the place. It feels weird but it is what it is.

In the evening I drove Jules to Girls Club and had tea with Cindy. One of the many things I love about her is that not only does she hear what I say, but she hears what I don't say. She's one of my monkeys for sure.

Did I mention that Matthew slept through the entire night? I don't care if I did because it bears repeating.

Ian and I made some difficult and painful decisions this morning but we are relieved to have made them and will move forward in faith. Hopefully as things solidify I'll be able to give more details. We are grateful to have so many people praying over us right now and look forward to seeing God's plan for our family unfold.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Being that it's Friday, it's time for Mama M's Five Question Friday blog hop.



1. Are you looking forward to the time change this weekend?

Yes, YES I AM. I love the idea of longer days with more sunlight and it means Spring is right around the corner. I am VERY excited and I don't even care that we'll lose an hour of sleep to get it.

2. Are you getting the new iPad/would you want a iPad?

I don't get the thrill of the iPad. Unless I'm missing something major, it just looks like an oversized iPhone to me. So no, I won't be getting one and no, I don't want one.

3. If money was not a problem, what is the one thing you would splurge on?

Probably a new van. Ours is on it's last legs (wheels?) and I think it's operating on pure prayer, to be honest. I have loved that van every single minute we have had it and will miss it when it dies and goes to Van Heaven.

4. How did you and the Mr. (or Mrs.) meet?

It's super secret.

5. Summer is right around the corner. Bikini or one-piece?

One-piece. You are welcome.

Have a great Friday!

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Head on over to Mama M's blog My Little Life to join in on the fun!

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Love you girl...difficult decisions are for the birds, but I hope yours ends well! You know where I am if you ever need to chat/Skype/FB/BlogFrog...except no Skyping today...I'm a wreck. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still faithfully praying for you, Ian and these decisions. He already knows the plans He has for you...it's just a matter of that whole "trust" thing. I'm first in line for struggling with that!!!! :) Anyway, just know that I love you, too, and am always here. **I've just been a little silent lately and haven't had time to read blogs.** Working on that!!

    P.S. And on a 5QF note: "Secrets" don't make friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) ;) ;)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agree with you on the iPad - overgrown iPhone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all Matthew is a DOLL!!! I was catching up on your latest blogs and what a cute baby! I also love reading about your and Ian's journey. Its amazing and mind boggling (sometimes) what God takes and brings us through! I will continue to pray for you! :)

    ReplyDelete