Friday, April 13, 2012

5QF ~ April 13

Boy the weeks fly by fast these days.

Yesterday Ian took the littles to run errands and to an indoor playground for a bit so I could pack up my half of the bedroom in peace. I was just about finished my closet when I saw the box of my father's things, and I sat down and started to look through them. Pictures, cards I'd given him, the envelope of my little girl hair held together with the delicate ribbon, the letters I wrote to him after he passed away.

And I cried. For a long time. Because I still miss him after all of these years and because leaving this home is so painful and because it just felt so good to let everything out and not have to put a smile on it because little people are watching me. I just let it all out and it was a relief.

Today the littles and I went to visit my mother. We haven't seen her since she was here on March 28th and we've definitely been missing each other. I used to visit her 2 or 3 times a week but life seems to have gotten so busy since Matthew arrived. I really need (and want!) to get back on a visiting schedule. If the children don't get to see their Gram regularly, they start making noise about it! So thankful she is so close by.

We are all back to feeling better, thank goodness. Julie and I still have a bit of a leftover cough, but we're ok.

We're very close to listing the house, but for personal reasons I won't be blogging much about the selling process. Once everything is done I'm sure I'll have some stories to tell though.

I'm going to a baby shower on Sunday for a woman in my church, but I don't know her. That's alright though - I'm looking forward to meeting her and supporting her in this new phase of her life. I've been loved on and supported by so many people during this season of our lives, and I'm happy to be on the other end for a change. (PS: I hope there's cake)

I think that's all I have time to ramble about tonight. I need to wake Matthew up from his super late nap, otherwise he won't sleep for me tonight. He'll just babble all through Dateline like he did last week.

But first... it's time for Mama M's Five Question Friday blog hop.



1. Who mows your grass?

The landscapers do. We live in a condo community and we're supposed to mow our own grass, but a couple of years ago we switched landscapers and they started cutting our grass. No one else's, just ours. I haven't told them they aren't supposed to, nor do I have any plans to. I just smile and thank them.

2. Do you have a picture wall or picture gallery in your house (show us! <--- my addition to the question)?

We did, but we've taken almost all of them down and packed them away in preparation for our move. Otherwise I'd show you.

3. What book has influenced your thinking the most? Or, what blog? (I want to read what gets people thinking!)

The Bible, The Resolution For Women by Patricia Shirer, and Plan B by Pete Wilson. I have a feeling that Crazy Love by Francis Chan (which I'm reading now) is going to have a huge impact on my thinking.

As far as blogs... none really. I read them for the entertainment value mostly, and tend to stay away from the "big bloggers" because the bigger they get, the less they remember where they started from, and I don't like that.

4. Do you have allergies? If so, how do you handle it this time of year?

No allergies here.

5. What's your go to meal to cook in an hurry?

Cook in a hurry? Oh no, I never rush my cooking. I always leave plenty of time and only use the freshest of organic ingredients...

Ok, so I can't even type that with a straight face.

Roasted chicken and potato wedges from the local grocery store. Cheap and quick.

That's it! Hope you have a super weekend!

Head on over to Mama M's blog My Little Life to join in on the fun!



Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Freshest and organic ingredients...bwahahahahahahahaha!!! Miss you. Feel like I haven't talked with you in forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I miss you like crazy!

      Delete
  2. So glad you're all feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy - we are too! It was awful!

      Delete
  3. Ohmigosh I died laughing when I started reading the answer to question #5. Hee hee, I love yu Kate! You cracking me up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! You know me better than that, don't you!

      Delete