Friday, April 20, 2012

5QF ~ April 20

Today is a very exciting day at our house - it's our 16th wedding anniversary! Ian surprised me with roses and a beautiful card that made me cry.


Look at the multi-coloured one...each petal is a different colour, right to the very centre one. So beautiful!


Sixteen years. Some of them have been extremely hard, but we persevered and we are even more in love today than we were when we said I do.  While things around us seem to be so unstable, it is an incredible feeling to know that Ian and I are solid. And we have FOUR kids! What!?

Blessings abound.

Last night Ian and I took the children out for dinner to celebrate my new job. We don't go out to eat very often, and by that I mean practically never, but we thought last night was worth it and so we went for it.

Mattie fell asleep on the way there and slept through most of dinner. (Look at how tiny his hands are in Ian's big ones - so cute!)


During dinner, Jordan loudly announced she needed to use the potty so I got up to take her. I was thinking about my dinner and not paying attention to where she was going, and I just followed her.

In here.


I didn't even notice.

Then I saw these, and slowly I started thinking what the heck...I know what those are...they aren't supposed to be in here...


Meanwhile, Jordan is in one of the stalls, pulling her pants down. Then it hit me - we're in the men's room!

I'll admit, I stood there for another five seconds wondering if she could do her business before we were discovered, but then decided that was gross and made her pull up her pants and we went to the right bathroom.

I'm blonder than you think. Just sayin.

OH! Did you notice that blogger now has thread commenting?? I'm trying to get better and replying to comments left, so if you've left one, check back because I (hopefully!) I've responded! Love, love, LOVE connecting with people who read this blog. Love it.

In other practically irrelevant news, I think I've finally arrived in the blog world because now I have my very own stalker. All I did was unfriend someone who showed her true colours to me and BOOM. She's been tweeting and blogging about me and bad mouthing me all over the place. I wish she'd let it go and move on, but she can't seem to. It's been amusing to say the least, but I'll be honest, I'm not spending much time thinking about it. I feel sorry for her, actually.

Enough chitter chatter! It's time for Mama M's Five Question Friday blog hop! Yippee!



1. Groceries are high right now what is easiest way you have found to cut back?

Price matching! Walmart will price match any other store, provided it's the exact same item. And if something we use a lot is on sale, I'll buy two or three of that item and put it away.

I will also freeze leftovers instead of putting them in the fridge where they'll go to waste.

2. What are the top 3 things on your "bucket list"?

I don't have a bucket list. I figure when I'm dead it won't matter what I did or didn't do.

3. Would you rather give up AC or heat?

The only thing I hate more than being cold is being hot. Well, frankly I don't like being cold or being hot. I just want to be room temperature. I'd rather throw on a few extra socks and sweaters in the dead of winter then boil to death in our July heat without A/C.

Short answer, I'd rather give up heat.
4. What's your favorite cocktail??

Is a Long Island Iced Tea considered a cocktail? That's really the only mixed drink I like. Well, I also like a vodka and oj but I haven't had many of those. Except for the rare glass of wine or beer, I'm not much of a drinker.

5. What was your first job & how old were you?

I was 12 and I delivered flyers to something like 300 houses and I earned half a cent for each flyer delivered.

I didn't like that job because my hands were forever dirty, my legs forever tired, and there was this dude who would open his curtains in his living room and stride back and forth, naked as the day he was born. Creep.

And that's a wrap! Have a wonderful Friday!

Head on over to Mama M's blog My Little Life to join in on the fun!


Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Wishing you many more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! Congrats on your job! And hooray for good friends! God is definitely working in your favor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you! Yes, it sure feels as though He is working in my favour! It never ceases to amaze me how quickly God can turn things around.
      Blessings Lauren!

      Delete
  3. Happy 16th! May you have 100 more! Matty is ADORABLE! <3 Boo to stalkers. There are some sad people in the world, huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)

      And I think he's adorable too ;-)

      Yes, boo to stalkers. Frankly, I'm flattered she finds me so facinating. (but seriously, she needs to LET GO and MOVE ON)

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on your new job! I hope it will not just meet needs but be a happy part of your day!
    *Those roses--beautiful! I've never seen a multi-colored one. I love it! Happy Anniversary! Cheers to being in love more today than your wedding day! I feel the same way...about my husband, not yours. Ooo...getting all creepy. ;)
    Have a WONDERFUL weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's bittersweet for sure and SUCH a timely blessing!

      You have a wonderful weekend as well! ((you))

      Delete
  5. "Naked as the day he was born," my goodness...you always know how to make me giggle! So happy that you found a job...hope iris a fabulous fit for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope they like me and it's a good fit :-)

      Delete
  6. Anonymous11:24 a.m.

    I've never seen a multicolored rose before, so neat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either - I'd like to press it.

      Delete
  7. Anonymous2:19 p.m.

    I am so happy for you and your new job and for you and Ian proving society wrong about marriage and congrats! I have been married 19 years this year and love my sweet hubby more than ever too!
    Your sweet baby is adorable, oh how I miss those times, yet, I am enjoying different time with my children who are a bit older. I am your anonomys from the other night and can't quite seem to get my gmail account to work on here?????? I pray for you Kate as you once again enter the "work world" outside of mommyhood, but we know no matter what you do, you are always being a mommy, and I pray that the Lord gives you the strength to do what needs to be done. You have a beautiful family and a very supportive husband, so I know you will be just fine. Hugs, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete