Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I Missed Easter

Another Easter is over, and I missed pretty much all of it.

Not only did we miss Good Friday service because we were all sick, but we missed Easter Sunday service as well. I don't think I've ever missed church on Easter Sunday in my life.

Julie helped Jordan do her egg hunt on Sunday morning, reading all the clues for her. So cute. She had just finished finding everything the Easter Bunny left when Willow went nuts at the door. Ian went to check and came back  with four gift bags decorated with lovely tissue paper and ribbon. My mother had stopped by secretly and left chocolate for all of the children. She is always thinking of them. So sweet.

This was the first year that we didn't have Easter dinner at my mother's house and that just about broke my heart. We ALWAYS have Easter at my mom's. She makes her table look so pretty, and puts out chocolate for the children and cooks this amazing ham dinner. I knew the children would miss it too, so I had planned on cooking a ham and decorating the table for the children but I just didn't have the energy or the spirit to do it. I ended up putting a stew in the crock pot.

We have yet to decorate our eggs. I suppose we should just let that part go, but the girls still want to, and I'm afraid that this is the last year that Sam will be interested in doing that. He says he'll keep doing it as long as the littles are interested, but still... I don't want to miss it.

In addition to everything else, my face went all funky this weekend. Saturday morning I woke up and the left side of my jaw was all swollen and deformed looking. I kept ice packs on it throughout the day hoping to bring it down a bit but it wasn't helping. On Sunday I switched to hot cloths on my jaw and that helped with a lot of the discomfort. Yesterday it was still swollen and I was trying to figure out what to do, because I'm pretty sure I have a tooth infection but I don't have any dental coverage right now. I figured my doctor could give me an antibiotic to help with the infection until I could get to a dentist. And then last night it just started draining and slowly my face is returning to normal. Crazy.

I've been in such a lousy place emotionally these last couple of weeks and it's been such a drag. Not just for me, but for Ian and the children as well. They're noticing that I'm not myself and they're getting worried about me. I can't have that. I made a conscious decision last night to choose joy, and to end this pity party NOW. I woke up this morning feeling a little low, but then reminded myself that today would be what I choose to make it, and I was going to choose to have joy. I've had to make that decision about four times already this morning, but that's ok. Maybe that's just how things have to go for a bit until I'm back in a better place.

I've made a mental list of what I need to accomplish and will stay on track as best as I can. I have tons of laundry to do, Matt's outgrown clothing to sort, a kitchen and bathroom to clean, and Bible study homework to finish. Tomorrow is another busy day with my Bible study in the morning and Matt's playgroup in the afternoon.

Have a great day :-)



Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Hope you are all felling better soon Kate. Sounds rough, Do try going back to listing your blessings...it helps to remember all that God has given us. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, Vonnie. Thank you for your gentle reminder. :-)

      Delete
  2. (((YOU))) Perk up Papa. ;) Love you.

    ReplyDelete