Friday, April 06, 2012

5QF ~ April 6

We're all slowly starting to feel better around here, but we aren't there just yet. We missed Good Friday service today and that hurts my heart. I can't remember the last time - if ever - I missed Good Friday service.

I've decided that the only other question I hate more than "so, any job prospects?" is now "so, have you listed the house yet?" Annoying. I know people mean well, but... well, stop asking! We'll let you know if anything changes. There's enough pressure on both fronts without being asked about them so often. Being that we've been so sick this past week, we haven't been able to pack up any more of the house so everything is on hold at this point. We'll get back on track after the weekend.

So it's Friday, which means it's time for Mama M's Five Question Friday blog hop.


1. Would you prefer having people over for dinner or going to their house?

For the most part I prefer to go to their house. I'm not that comfortable hosting so it's just easier.

2. Favorite Bible verse and why?

I can't just list one favourite because I have too many of them!

"I lift my eyes up to the hills, where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the maker of heaven and earth." Psalm 121:1

"The LORD himself goes before you; He will never leave you or forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." Deuteronomy 31:8

"Fear not, for I am with you." Isaiah 41:10

"The LORD will fight for you, you need only to be still." Exodus 14:14

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11 I love these verses because they're so comforting and reassuring of what is true.

3. What was the first concert you ever attended, and the most recent one?

Get ready for me to set the new standard for concert-going-coolness. Are you ready?

First concert: Shaun Cassidy. Oh yes ma'am. I was so in love with that guy that I used to rollerskate around my basement listening to his records and crying. That's love, friends.

Last concert: American Idol, the year that Ruben won. I scored floor seats, second row, centre. Nice. As far as excitement goes, it ranks right up there with the births of my children.

I hear you laughing at me. You don't just understand my level of cool.

4. The year is 2025. What are you doing, and what have you done?

Wow, in 2025 I'll be 54. Sam will be almost 25, Julie will be 24, Jordan will be 17 and Matthew will be about to turn 14. I'll probably still be working, trying to help pay for weddings, college/university tuition, car insurance and braces.

What have I done? Raised two awesome kids into adulthood, with two awesome teenagers at home!

While it's fun to pretend where I'll be in the future, the truth is only God knows. I pray that we are all still healthy and together, wherever that may be.

5. What's your favorite Easter treat?

M&Ms and Reeces miniature cups. Oh who am I kidding... I like all chocolate. Except for the chocolates with surprises inside them, like cream or cherries. That's just gross. And peeps. Peeps are gross.

Have a great Friday!

Head on over to Mama M's blog My Little Life to join in on the fun!


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Peeps are evil. Gag worthy, really. And chocolate with nastiness inside? GAH-rody. Thank you for your comment today...I loved it. You make me smile with humor and you make me smile with your love and kindness. Love you girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't like peeps?! That's un-american!!! Oh wait... lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shaun Cassidy? WOW! He was my first concert, too! I think that it was 1978 when I saw him in Lakeland, FL, and my friends and I had tickets in the nosebleed section! (I'm totally humored by the show "The Middle", when Frances Heck is talking about going to a Shaun Cassidy concert!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shaun Cassidy----same here for 1st concert, back in 1978---for me in Lakeland, FL! (I'm totally humored by the episode of "The Middle" called "The Concert", where Frances Heck talks about being excited about seeing Shaun Cassidy in concert!)

    ReplyDelete