Saturday, October 11, 2008

Full Day!

We have been on the go ALL DAY!

We started out about 9am and picked up Mom so we could go apple picking. We've gone to the same orchard for over 30 years and they are the crustiest bunch of people you'll ever find in the same place. Yet...we go there year after year!

Usually we go in the middle of September but between schedules and rain, we didn't get there until today. As a result there weren't any Macintosh apples left so we picked Spies. Apparently they are good for pies.

Ha ha...spies are good for pies...

Yep. It's late...I'm tired and silly.

Most of the apples had been picked but Ian found a ladder and climbed to the top of a tree and would toss the apples down to Sam and Julie.

Here he is, doin' his thing.



As you can see, Mom and I were hard at work. ;-)



Jordan fell asleep pretty soon after we arrived. So much for her first apple picking expedition!



Afterwards, Ian took the children to play in the hay pile while Mom and I browsed through their little store.





One Strawberry Rhubarb pie and 4 apple ciders later, we were on our way to drop Mom back home and to pack a few things to head up to Ian's parents for the remainder of the day.

His parents took us to Drysdale's Farm to pick pumpkins.

A funny sign as we drove through the entrance...



I want this on my front lawn...



Julie enjoying the wagon ride to the hay bale maze...



Me hard at work, searching for the perfect pumpkin... ;-)



I had to post this picture especially for my friend Karin. She teases me about calling Sam and Julie "the children" and says it sounds like Little House On The Prairie. Well Karin...doesn't this look like they are heading home to Ma and Pa?



Sam and Jules with their perfect pumpkins...



My three blessings posing together...



After that we went for our fall family photos.

A few years ago we took this photo and I have always loved it. Yet, every time I looked at it, I kept seeing that little space in front of Sam and Julie and thinking that there was another little person meant for us, to fill that space.



Our new family picture...



All of us together at last, just as we were meant to be. :-)

Sam in deep thought...



Julie posing...



And Jordan too, of course!



We had a great dinner at my inlaws, and after feeding Jordan she just crashed!



What a great day this was - we got to see all the grandparents and do two yearly traditions on the same day!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you guys had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic day! I especially love that last photo - that girl was TIRED!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right! I could actually hear the theme song playing as I scrolled through the pictures... LOL

    The pictures are great. Looks like you all had a blast. I love the shots of the kids by themselves (oops I mean the "children") by the water and the new family shot is beautiful. What a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete