Thursday, October 23, 2008

Thursday Update

I'd like to begin this entry with a heartfelt thank you to those of you who took the time to contact me in one form or another to let me know you were thinking of me and praying for me since reading my last entry. I appreciate your kindness and prayers so much more than I could ever adequately express here. While the circumstances have not changed, my attitude has. I am strengthened by those who are praying for me. Thank you.

Yesterday was a really good day. It started with Coffee Hour at the church in the morning as per my usual Wednesday schedule. Love it.

After lunch I went to my favourite park with Jordan so she could go on the swings. I called my friend Jen to come with her little one, so not only did I get to visit with Jen during Coffee Hour, I got to chat more with her at the park. :-)

Jordan was so cute, all bundled up in her jacket, smiling away as she swung back and forth. I fell in love with her all over again. She is so precious.

It was pretty cold yesterday so we didn't stay long. Our next stop was Chapters where I read magazines for free. Loved that.

In the evening I went to my housegroup. I love, love, LOVE those ladies. Always a pleasant time.

When I got home I took over some Skor Squares to my neighbours. If you know the story about my neighbours then you can really appreciate how difficult this was for me to do. But, when the Lord asks me to do something, I try to do it. Even if it takes me months to do it.

This morning I walked the children to school, then walked the long route back to my mom's with Jordan. She really enjoyed it and had a wonderful nap afterwards. Mom and I took a little field trip to Acton to buy buckets of cookie dough. YUM. SO much cheaper than buying it in the store.

Tonight was Girl's Club and we had a guest speaker come to talk to the girls about Operation Christmas Child. Very informative and inspiring. I'm really, really enjoying this experience. Mom and I brainstormed for an hour this morning, coming up with all sorts of great ideas to freshen up this ministry. I'm so excited. I shared one of them with one of the other leaders tonight and she really liked it.

I had such a hard time getting up this morning. Hard = practically impossible. I think I would have sold my arm to have stayed in bed for another hour. Tonight will be an early night.

Before I head off....thrilling news....gas was $0.99 today. WHAT THE HECK!? It's practically on sale.

See ya tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Kate, you are an amazing woman. You truly are. :) I love reading about your outings, the things you do with and for others. :)

    I hope and pray that you are strengthened further and lifted up, sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jordan was adorable, yes, but SweetiePie was even more cute going down that big slide! ha ha!

    I am glad you're feeling better and that God has renewed your spirit once again. He will continue to do this always. You are an amazing woman who is always thinking about others before yourself.

    HUGS

    ReplyDelete