Monday, October 20, 2008

Feelin' Blah

Today has been a rough, rough day. How I wish I could go into what is weighing on my heart but I just can't. Maybe one day I will. But probably not.

No, definitely not.

I have been praying and listening to worship music often today to keep my mind focused on The One who knows the burdens of my heart. He is so good.

He is so good.

I met one of the children's friends today. He lives just a few houses away and owns a cat named - get this - Car Wreck. Seriously. I remember my friend Anne telling me this but I thought surely they were saying "Kareck" or something. Nope. C-a-r W-r-e-c-k. Apparently this poor animal has been hit by a car on two occasions and lived to meow about it. He is a real hunter and has brought home a headless mouse, a headless bird and a headless jackrabbit. Where are the heads is what I want to know.

I know entirely too much about Car Wreck it seems.

Well, Little Boy's grandmother died today, so I thought it would be nice to bake some cookies and have the children take them over to him so that he would know that we were thinking of him. I explained to them that often when someone loses a loved one, people will bring meals over so they know they are loved, and so they don't have to worry about cooking when they are so sad.

They were so excited as they walked over with their cookies. I stood across the street but I could hear their precious voices expressing their condolences about his Nana and offering their cookies and prayers.

Within 20 minutes our doorbell rang and it was Little Boy with a thank you letter he had written. So sweet.

I want the children to learn to mourn with others, to carry portions of their pain. Isn't that what we all should be doing? Shouldn't we all be able to lean on one another?

Says the one who won't open up about what's weighing on her heart. Well, like I said...maybe one day I will. But probably not.

No, definitely not.

4 comments:

  1. Oh... I know all too well that feeling of Blah. It so often is accompany by things that we don't share or don't feel comfortable sharing.

    I said a special prayer for you tonight because God knows and cares about what is weighing your heart down. He says that He is close to the broken hearted. I pray that He makes His sweet presence known to you this evening and that you get an extra glimpse of His tender love for you (no matter what the circumstances look like around you).

    With love my friend.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:13 a.m.

    (((((((((KATIE))))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may not be able to talk about what is weighing on your mind here, but God hears you. Give it to Him. I know it's not so easy, but He will help you through this.

    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. (((((((((KATIE))))))))))

    ReplyDelete