Monday, October 13, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today has been a pretty slow day. The kids are playing outside, Ian is gaming online and I enjoyed a movie out with my girlfriends Jenn and Cindy. We went to see Quarantine and I screamed. A lot. Apparently the girl that takes the tickets out in the hallway could hear me. I tried to leave the theatre before the lights came up so no one would see me but those lights came on pretty quickly. Oh well. Now you know, Kate's a screamer.

Oops. That sounded dirty.

I have a roast in the oven and it smells really good. Hard to believe I could be hungry after the HUGE turkey dinner we enjoyed last night. We all gathered at the table at my mom's house for the first time in almost two years. I haven't gone into detail about my family situation so you are going to have to trust me when I say that it was hard to do. But God is good and He was with us. He never fails to give me what I need for each day.

Yesterday's Cardboard Testimonies were lovely. Sam took a bunch of photos from the balcony and while I would love to post some of them, I have not asked for permission from these people to do so. I do have this picture which I feel comfortable enough sharing because you cannot really see the people who participated.



Happy Thanksgiving to all of my Canadian friends. May you have much to be thankful for today and every day.

1 comment:

  1. I see you! :) What a wonderful service that must've been!

    ReplyDelete