Sunday, March 22, 2009

God's Pie

My church just wrapped up a 5 week series on stewardship this morning. To be honest, I think I only made it to the last two sermons because a) I hate sermons about money and b) I don't have any!

Many things are becoming clearer to us as we make our way through this season of employment and financial strain. The clearest being that when it comes to money, none of it is ours. All we have been given (and what has been taken away) belongs to Him, and Him alone. He is the great Provider. How embarrassed I am to admit how poorly I have handled what He has given me.

The following video clip was shown during our service this morning and I certainly saw myself in it.

Do you also see yourself?



It's amazing to me to see clearly - and probably for the first time - how I think about money. I worry about not having enough. I want it so I can feel secure. It's not that I want things, because I am not a materialistic person. I just want to have some in case I need it.

Shameful.

"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money."
Matthew 6:24


Dare I say that I am beginning to feel grateful for this season we are experiencing...?

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:43 p.m.

    my husband, while looking over my shoulder at your blog, laughed at the part where you said you didn't like sermons on money because.. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:42 p.m.

    that vid was funny!! Dude, he brought the pie!! it was sad but true! <><

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an awesome video!

    ReplyDelete
  4. my husband, while looking over my shoulder at your blog, laughed at the part where you said you didn't like sermons on money because.. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete