Sunday, March 01, 2009

Update & A Quiz

I hate being sick!!!

Sorry to start this post off with a whine, but I just couldn't help it. We can't remember a time when we were all down with colds at the same time. This past week has been brutal and now we're heading into week 2.

I'm going to have to take Jordan to the doctor tomorrow because she seems to be getting worse. It's been a week and she went downhill on Friday. I could go to the walk-in clinic but I don't think they're very good doctors there, and they have no personal investment in the patients they see.

Yesterday I attended the Women's Day Apart conference hosted my my church. I've never been to one of these before, so I was really looking forward to it. I had a hard time shaking that ever present "Mother's Guilt" about leaving Ian home with three sick children alone, but as he reminded me, I have to nurture my spiritual health as well.

One of the workshops I signed up for was "Building A 5 Star Family" which was very good. Lots of great ideas on how to create lasting, loving memories for my children. The second workshop was "Hope In The Midst Of Pain" which was hosted by a woman who lost her 2 yr old son in a tornado in Alberta about 8 years ago. She and her husband host a carnival every year in memory of their son, and the children and I went to check it out last year. After a break for lunch, we all gathered to hear a guest speaker the event co-ordinator heard speak at the last BCOQ conference. A great day for sure.

While I was out, Ian and the children baked and decorated a huge cookie for me...



Awww! Isn't that so sweet? I love those guys!

Here is a quiz from Julie over at Contentment Corner. I love this blog - she is such an inspirational woman and a wonderful writer.

1. What is something Mom always says to you?
Sam: I love you
Julie: I love you

2. What makes Mom happy?
Sam: Watching Dr Phil
Julie: Her kids

3. What makes Mom sad?
Sam: If she gets too stressed out
Julie: When one of her kids gets hurt

4. How does Mom make you laugh?
Sam: When she makes her 'serious face'
Julie: By saying funny stuff

5. What was Mom like as a kid?
Sam: Every day ran home from bullies (sadly...this is so true)
Julie: I think she wanted to have fun

6. How old is your Mom?
Sam: 38 (he tells everyone this unfortunately!)
Julie: 38 (she does too!)

7. How tall is your Mom?
Sam: About 5'4" (wrong)
Julie: 6' (wrong)

8. What is your Mom's favorite thing to do?
Sam: Spending quality time with the family
Julie: Sleep! (guilty as charged)

9. What does Mom do when you're not around?
Sam: Chores and takes care of baby and watches tv in spare time
Julie: Takes care of Jordan or talks to Dad

10. If your Mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
Sam: Acting - She would make everyone laugh on a comedy show
Julie: Singing

11. What is Mom really good at?
Sam: Making everyone laugh and keeping the family together
Julie: Being loving

12. What is Mom not very good at?
Sam: Discipline
Julie: Boxing on the Wii

13. What does Mom do for her job?
Sam: She takes care of our baby
Julie: Takes care of me, Jordan and Sam

14. What is Mom’s favorite food?
Sam: Pasta
Julie: Chinese

15. What makes you proud of your Mom?
Sam: She keeps the family together
Julie: When she shows love to other people

16. If your Mom was a cartoon character, who would she be?
Sam: Wilma Flintstone
Julie: Agent K in The Replacements

17. What do you and Mom do together?
Sam:We make each other laugh
Julie: Girls Club and we have "girl time"

18. How are you and Mom the same?
Sam: We are both awesome and we're both funny
Julie: We both have blue eyes and we're both kind to people

19. How are you and Mom different?
Sam: I'm a gamer and she's not
Julie: I lose my temper more than mom (I'm not so sure this is true!)

20. How do you know Mom loves you?
Sam: She provides shelter for me and feeds me well
Julie: By being kind to me

21. Where is your Mom's favorite place to go?
Sam: The living room
Julie: To her bible study

That's all for today :-)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful cookie! Sweetness, x10. :) And I love the quiz too - I may have to ask Emily those questions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! I loved reading the children's answers!

    ReplyDelete