Thursday, March 19, 2009

March Break ~ Day Four

Today started off with some bad news: Cindy was laid off from her job this morning. She worked for the same company Ian did but we thought her position was safe. I guess no one is these days. I know she'll land on her feet, she is a strong woman. Still, it was a sad blow for her today.

We all headed downtown late this morning, and while Ian was interviewing with another recruitment firm, the children and I checked out the Eaton Centre. I'd forgotten how huge that mall is! LG was hosting a texting competition and Sam really wanted me to enter to win the $25,000 prize. I kept trying to explain to him that just because I text often doesn't mean I text super fast. It was fun to watch. We spent the rest of our time at the HUGE Indigo bookstore and at the Disney store.

Ian met up with us at the mall and we walked over to show the children City Hall. As we walked we passed a man laying in the middle of the sidewalk inside a sleeping bag, a cup in his hand. Ian gave each of the children some money to drop into his cup and they felt good that they were able to help someone else. Julie was full of questions: Why was he laying in the middle of the sidewalk? Why can't he go home? Why can't he go to a shelter? Doesn't anyone care about him?

Our next stop was lunch, and we had a picnic near the water. Sam kept telling us what a great day it was. It was nice to spend the day together.

Once we got home I had a nap and Ian fixed dinner for the children and we all watched a movie together. Julie cuddled with Ian and Sam cuddled with me. Jordan fell asleep and missed the whole thing.

This week has gone by so quickly. I love having the children at home like this, and to have Ian home as well made it even more special. I think we might take the children swimming tomorrow. Jordan can break in her new bathing suit :-)

So I'm trying out Twitter. So far I'm not that impressed. I've added it to my sidebar, but I really don't do anything so incredibly interesting that I need to stop what I'm doing to update my Twitter thing so you all know. I think I'm going to drop it. I'm a huge facebook junkie and in the words of my dear friend Jen...I can only social-network so much. I've also added a Contact Me section in case anyone wants to email me about anything they don't want in the comments section or has any questions. Whatever.

That's it. I'm outta here.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't done the Twitter thing....I don't lead a life so interesting that I could tweet frequently!

    It sounds like you had a great week together with the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't done the Twitter thing....I don't lead a life so interesting that I could tweet frequently!

    It sounds like you had a great week together with the kids!

    ReplyDelete