Friday, April 01, 2011

5QF ~ April 1

Oh my goodness, is it just me or did Friday come around super quick?

Not that I'm complaining mind you :-)

Tonight Julie is going to her first sleepover ever and she's so unbelievably excited. Me? Not so much. It's not that I don't want her to go, or that I have concerns about where she's going. It's just that I can't believe we're at sleepover age already, you know?

It will feel weird to not have her sleeping down the hall tonight. I'm sure she'll have a wonderful time though.

Ian and Sam will be at Jr High tonight, so Jordan and I will likely cuddle in my bed and watch a movie, then fall asleep together. We both like that.

Tomorrow night my family is coming for dinner to celebrate the girls' birthdays and I can't wait to see them. I love being with my family.

Do you have any big plans for the weekend?



Are you ready for some Five Question Friday fun? Me too!

1. Have you ever had surgery?

Yes, I've had a few surgeries. I've had my gallbladder removed, a D & C after my miscarriage, my wisdom teeth out and a cystoscopy to remove a cancerous tumour from my bladder.

2. Ever ride in an ambulance?

I've ridden in one twice. Once when my friend had an asthma attack at school and they called an ambulance. I sat in the front seat and it wasn't very dramatic. They didn't even turn the lights on even though I asked very nicely.

The second time was when Jordan was 1 and had croup. I rode in the back with her, holding her hand, and grilled the EMS dude about his whole personal life. He loved it! It was like Nosy Kate met Nosy Kate and we got along famously.

3. How are you in a medical emergency? Panicked? Calm?

I'd like to tell you that I'm cool as a cucumber but that wouldn't be the truth. My mind goes to the worst case scenario immediately, I panic and repeat myself a lot. Oh, and I cry. Which I am sure comes as a big shock to you.

4. Do you have a garden? Flowers or veggies?

I love the idea of a garden but I don't have a green thumb. All that planting and weeding and watering... bah. It makes me tired just thinking about it. Maybe I'll plant some flowers this spring. But probably not.

5. When did you move out of your parents house?

I lived at home until I got married. Truth is, if Ian hadn't married me I'd probably still be living at home. I'm sure my mother is most thankful Ian came along ;-)

That's a wrap!

Head on over to Mama M's blog My Little Life and join in on the fun!


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Have fun with your family this weekend!! We have family coming into town so our weekend will be filled with family too! So excited! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never cease to make me smile!! I love your "living at home" answer...and gosh, I just can't imagine you talking off that ambulance dudes ear. So UN-Kateish.

    Okay, maybe not! ;)

    I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You crack me up, would you really be still living at home?

    I do not have a green thumb either and HATE weeding. But we wanna try the straw bale garden cuz' supposedly virtually no weeding, just watering. Sounds good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You crack me up, would you really be still living at home?

    I do not have a green thumb either and HATE weeding. But we wanna try the straw bale garden cuz' supposedly virtually no weeding, just watering. Sounds good to me.

    ReplyDelete