Monday, September 20, 2010

Girls Night

For as long as we can remember, Friday nights have been Family Night here at our place. We started this because we found we were getting so busy during the week dealing with work, school, extra curricular activities, church involvements and friends that we needed a block of time to just come together to settle in, regroup and enjoy each other's company. It's so sweet how everyone has come to rely on this night together.

But even good things come to an end. Or, in our case, a new beginning!

I have mentioned before how Ian is the youth leader for our Jr High youth group. He loves it and the kids love him. Well, this year is Sam's first year in Jr High. Which meets on Friday nights. And beginning this year, it's every Friday night.

Being that we'll be boy-free on Fridays, Girls Night has been born! Just me and the Js. Every week we'll do something together and just celebrate being girls.

This past Friday night was our first Girls Night and we decided to do our nails.

We pooled our measly nail polish stash and I pulled out our best wine glasses and filled them with iced tea.



Julie toasted our first Girls Night ever.



We talked...

...and talked.

....and talked.



Even Jordan had her nails done - toes too!



Julie's nails...



... and mine!



We even did our toes too :-)

Once our nails dried, we cleaned up and Julie made her Super S'mores in the microwave and we watched a bit of tv until the guys came home.

First Girl's Night was a success! I can't wait until next time!

Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. I'm jealous too! What a wonderful way to get in some girl time! My mom and I went grocery shopping together Saturday...a grown-up chore, but spending the time with just my mama was so refreshing and made it much less mundane!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful!!! So glad you have this special time with your girls! I am jealous.. I want to drink tea out of wine glasses and paint my nails :)

    Awesome! ((you))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see and read. I felt as if I was right there with you both. Having only had sons, thanks for the special daughter time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Kate...you are such a wonderful mama!! I wanna come to a "girl's night" at your house!!

    Can you move to MN? Pretty please? And bring your mom with you. I think I'd like her. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this!!! What a special time you are going to have with your girls making such great memories! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun what a great tradition to start!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We do family night on Thursdays, but not a girl's only night. Once in while I'll grab my girl and we'll go in my bedroom and close the door and talk, do our nails, etc. I really think it strengthens that bond we so desperately need in the world. I think it's awesome you adjusted to make sure your girls were still getting their special time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We do family night on Thursdays, but not a girl's only night. Once in while I'll grab my girl and we'll go in my bedroom and close the door and talk, do our nails, etc. I really think it strengthens that bond we so desperately need in the world. I think it's awesome you adjusted to make sure your girls were still getting their special time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely to see and read. I felt as if I was right there with you both. Having only had sons, thanks for the special daughter time :)

    ReplyDelete