Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Back Off

I saw this on Pinterest today and it made me smile.


Some days - like today - the spiritual attack is so strong and I feel worn down.

I feel like it's a battle all day between me and him. He pokes at my fears and I counter with a bible verse. Back and forth, back and forth. All day long.

I'm tired.

Yet I'm peaceful.

This is one of my favourite verses.


I've been praying this verse for about a week now and it's comforting. I love the reminder that not only is He with us, but He goes before us as well. That we're not alone.

I know God is with us. I feel Him. Verses I've memorized will pop into my mind right when I need them. That's the Holy Spirit.

I pray daily that God will give me what I need to be the encouraging, supportive and loving wife that Ian needs and deserves, especially now.

It feels like things are getting harder. But that's ok. We can do hard. I don't know when things will change for the better, but I know God can change our circumstances in a second. It's hard to wait, but knowing He is coming to help makes the waiting easier.

He is good. Always, He is good.

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:53 a.m.

    I totally feel you. I have been under attack for almost a week now. I can't figure out what is going on but I feel as though I'm being swallowed up by the darkness.
    I hate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be praying for your family. :(
    That's a great verse....I love that there are so many verses that say basically that same thing- very comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel you. This week has already been a struggle. Thanks for sharing that scripture! Needed it =) Praying for your situation!

    ReplyDelete