Sunday, February 26, 2012

Counting Mine {181-195}

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
Thessalonians 5:16-18

This past week I've been really trying to stay focused on the things the Lord has been blessing us with as we continue to navigate the events occuring within our family these days.

Ian and I were talking earlier this week and he has been encouraged (challenged??) to appreciate and be thankful for these blessings without adding a "but" to the end of the them. So easy to say "this is such a blessing, but..."

No more "buts".

Certainly keeps me in the moment and shows me where He continues to be with us. I can see where He is opening doors for us. I need to be grateful for those open doors and wait patiently for Him to open the rest.

Patience is not one of my spiritual gifts.

:-)

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

181} the way my grandmother would remove her earring before answering the phone
182} an ice cold beer on a hot day
183} Ian's superhero shirts
184} Jordan swinging, her eyes closed and face lifted to the sun, smiling
185} family picnics in the fall
186} church bells
187} piles of laundry, sorted and ready to be washed
188} long dinners with great friends
189} the cuddly hug Ian gives me in the mroning just before we have to get out of bed and start our days
190} kindness at unexpected moments
191} dogs riding in cars with their heads hanging out the window, ears flapping in the wind
192} the way Jordan has to stand on her tippy toes to reach a spoon from the drawer
193} when Ian lets me put my lipstick in his suit jacket pocket so I don't have to carry a purse
194} capturing that perfect moment in a photograph
195} Julie's beautiful and strong heart for others

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

If you are counting your own blessings and blogging about them, will you leave me a comment with the link to your blog, or share them with me at katieb38@hotmail.com? I'd love to know how you are being blessed through your journey!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm.... Not sure about that laundry thing. In my opinion laundry is never done. Then again, having clothes to wash and a washing machine to wash them in is a blessing. So I'll take it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. should 182 say "cold beer on a HOT day"?

    ReplyDelete