Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Ten Random Things

My mind is all over the place today and I'm not having much luck forming a blog post tonight that makes sense.

So, I'll tell you ten random things that are on my mind.

Ready?

1} Yesterday was one of those rare days when I felt like I was rocking this mom gig. I was on top of everything with the littles, full of patience and we played a lot together. Today? Not so much. I was very tired and cranky most of the day and I hated that. I managed to get the littles to nap at the same time and closed my eyes for a bit as well and that helped me to feel better.

2} I have some really sweet and loving friends that have been reaching out to me lately, reminding me that they love me and are praying for my family. These simple gestures mean so much. They don't need to know all of the details of what we're going through right now, they just reach out. Such blessings.

3} I've been having recurring dreams about giraffes. I've never been a fan of the giraffe, but after dreaming about them for several days in a row I've become quite fond of them.

4} Tonight I met up with one of my favourite people ever for tea and to visit, and we ended up talking for just over two hours. *H* and I have been friends since the 9th grade.

5} I'm thinking about writing a post about some of the not-so-great things people say to someone who is searching for a job. I try to be kind and think that they're just trying to be helpful, but sometimes it's all I can do not to roll my eyes right in front of them. I'll tell you this, if someone you know has been laid off and is searching for work, the kindest, most helpful thing you can say to them is "we're thinking of you, and we're here to help if we can". Don't ask them if they've found a job every time you see them - believe me, they will tell you when they have. Just be encouraging and let the person know you're thinking and/or praying for them. Don't mention it every time you see or talk to them. Trust me, those things will go a long way.

6} I wish it wasn't so hard to move to the US. I love Canada, but I've always wanted to live in Florida. I really like it there. And I'm longing for a fresh start.

7} I think I'm over the worst of my caffeine withdrawal symptoms from giving up pop for Lent. Just the other day I heard that Lent didn't include Sundays. In my 30 years of being Catholic I had never, ever, heard that before. I'm not going to drink any pop until Easter Sunday. It will be a glorious event for sure.

8} I miss being in a small group for bible study. I used to be in one and loved it, but it's been a few years since I've been a part of it and I'm struggling without having that in my life. I'm praying about it.

9} I'm on some medication that makes me hungry all the time and it's so frustrating. I try so hard to stick to three meals a day and limit my snacking, but it's so hard. I don't need to gain any more weight, thankyouverymuch.

10} The new cast for Dancing With The Stars was revealed today and I'm really excited for it to start. Still a couple of weeks away though. Ooh! You know what else happens in the next few weeks? The clocks go forward! Come on Spring!

Ok, there you go. Ten random things from my head.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Yay spring, and yay rootbeer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kate, I am delurking and coming over from Mama's to visit often. I get #5 really all too well. Hubby has had the misfortune of being unemployed 3 times in roughly 6 yrs. It is really hard seeing a hard working, good man struggle to pay the bills. People, though well meaning, aren't always kind.Know that it will get better! So glad you have great friends in your life, continue to support Ian and know that this is a "season" in your lives.

    Hubby just got a $2/hr raise yesterday in a job he has had since Sept of 2011. People DO see and recognize him and his abilities! God is faithful and we strive to be! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete