Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Date Night

Things got pretty exciting around here this past Saturday night.

Ian and I went on a date.

I think our last date was in April of last year.

Shame.

My mom gifted us with an evening out for our birthdays last month, and it worked out that this past Saturday was perfect. We were seriously in need of some Ian and Kate time.

Sam had planned to go to the movies with his friends, and Mom came over to stay with the girls and Matthew.

It was wonderful. Just Ian and me. Adult conversation, peppered with talk of our wonderful children.

Plans for our future once this season ends.

Lovey eyes across the table.

Holding hands.

And lots of delicious food.

For starters, I ordered this three cheese dip appetizer. Oh my, no words to describe how delicious this was.


I can't remember what this was called but the chicken was incredible. The pasta had peas and bacon in an alfredo sauce. So good!


Ian ordered wings. They were so spicy that I could feel my eyes watering!


We ordered cupcakes for dessert.

Ian had a chocolate cupcake with chocolate frosting.


I had a red velvet cupcake with cream cheese frosting. I've never had red velvet before and wanted to try it. It tasted like a regular cupcake that was reddish inside.


It was such a lovely evening and my belly was full long after I went to bed.

Hopefully it won't be another ten months before we have another date!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I love date nights! Looks like this one was pretty wonderful :) I'm so happy that you got to have that wonderful time alone with your hubby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Date nights are the best! They are a must, and I'm always looking for cheap way to have a date night. For me its just about quality time. :)

    ReplyDelete