Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tuesday's Treats ~Vanilla Cupcakes With Buttercream Frosting

I love cake. It makes my belly very, very happy.

The thing about cake is that there is just so much of it.

But cupcakes are a perfect size and I can eat one almost guilt free.

The other day I whipped up a batch of cupcakes for a friend of mine who is so encouraging and supportive of me and my baking endeavours. So, I thought she and her family would enjoy these.



You'll Need:
1 vanilla cake mix
1 cup of butter, softened
8 cups of confectioners sugar
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1/2 a cup of milk

Step One:
Prepare and bake cupcakes as per the instructions on the box

Step Two:
In a mixing bowl, cream butter. Beat in sugar and vanilla. Add milk until frosting reaches desired consistency

Step Three:
Divide frosting into bowls. Add food colouring to each bowl. Fill decorating bags with coloured frosting. Using a 1M tip, pipe frosting onto cupcake

A super easy way to make pretty and delicious cupcakes!

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Those look delicious! I am the worst cupcake maker ever. mine are always flat and ugly and I suck at decorating them. will you send me some please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. While you are recovering from your procedure that you will have here, you can make me these as a thank you for my fabulous care.

    Deal?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! These are adorable. Thanks for sharing the tips. I always butcher cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my!! I am about to go to the store right now just to make some of these they look sooooo good!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to have to try your buttercream recipe. I typically don't like powdered sugar buttercream because it has a funky taste. Stay tuned to your local news for my verdict.

    ReplyDelete
  6. While you are recovering from your procedure that you will have here, you can make me these as a thank you for my fabulous care.

    Deal?

    ReplyDelete