Monday, December 24, 2007

I'm Back!

Long time, no posts! Many, many changes here. Life is good.

Where do I start?

I left my old company a year ago to take a new job developing and running a new A/R & Collections department. Well, it wasn't long after I arrived that I realized that the job I interviewed for was not exactly as it was represented to me. I met with a lot of resistance when it came to my collection methods, I wasn't given the tools I needed to successfully do my job and my office was next to a young girl who mistakenly understood my role to be her personal assistant. She was verbally abusive and witheld resources and information from me purposefully. I tried several times with several levels of management to resolve the situation but was unsuccessful. I left the company in the middle of July to stay home with my children for the remainder of the summer. I didn't want to put them in their old daycare arrangement, nor did I want them with a stranger. I wanted to be with them myself. We took several trips to the beach with my mom and aunt. Precious time. I knew I would need to find a job for the beginning of September. I prayed about it and trusted God that He would allow me the 7 weeks and provide something at the right time. He certainly did! He gave me 7 weeks and 1 day!

While I was off with the children I discovered I was pregnant. Yay! Talk about thrilling! I knew that any job I took would only be temporary so I didn't want to mislead a new employer about my situation. As it turned out, the job I took had me reporting to a woman who reminded me very much of someone I used to work for a year ago and I had promised myself back then I would never be treated like that again. So, in a fit of panic, hormones, whatever you want to call it, I quit. Not my smartest decision, nor my finest hour. We were going to be in a lot of trouble. I am not usually impulsive like that.

I've taken a couple of temp jobs with freight companies and met some interesting people. I was relieved to leave the first temp job because the work was so basic and boring - data entry. The second job was pretty much the same, but the people kept it interesting and it was so much closer to home. I felt sad when I left there.

I've been off for a month now and I love it. I can putter around the house, run errands, visit my mother, take my children to school, nap... It's nice. Of course the not-so-nice part is not bringing in an income. Things are getting tight. I'll try to find another short term placement for January once the kids go back to school but I'm finding it hard. I can't imagine anyone wants the responsibility of a pregnant person in their facility. I guess there is a liability thing or something. The earliest I can go on maternity leave is January 30th but then it takes time off the end of my leave. We'll see how things unfold.

Our baby is due March 26th, '08, just one day before Julie's 7th birthday. Actually, the true due date is either the 26th OR 27th, so we went with the 26th. Baby is measuring right on target and things are going well.

2007 brought many, many challenges to our family. Lots of pain and sadness, but with that strength and courage was born. We emerged together and strong. How I wish I could go into it here to relieve my heart of all these feelings and thoughts, but I can't. I am looking forward to a fresh new year.

It's good to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment