Sunday, September 20, 2009

Ahhh Monday....

...my day to put the house back together...

The children are back to school after a three day weekend. Yes, after attending school for less than two weeks, they had a PA day on Friday. That kills me.

Ian is back at work. Ok, I shouldn't say it like that, because he had to go into the office for several hours on Saturday and then had a show to do in the evening. Poor guy. He also had to go in unexpectedly on Sunday afternoon too.

No weekend for Ian. My man is tired.

Speaking of my man, yesterday was our Engage-A-Versary. We've been together for 16 years and were engaged 15 years ago. That's a lifetime by today's relationship standards.

We made it to church yesterday. ON TIME even. Jordan was so upset at having to go to the nursery so I took her in for the worship time, and she had a ball "singing" along with everyone else. Then, all of a sudden she was done! Off to the nursery she went.

Buh bye.

The worship and service was wonderful. I've missed several weeks of church due to one reason or another, and it did my heart such good to be back again.

Until "the announcement".

Our wonderful-amazing-godly-hilarious-fillinwhateverimissed Associate Pastor has resigned effective Dec 31st as he will be returning to school full time.

Sniff. Sniff.

Even though I've known since Wednesday and have had several days to get my head around it, I still cried as his resignation was read. (To make matters worse he was sitting right behind me with his wife so my intense lameness was surely noted.) Such a loss for our church. Still, I am excited to see what God has in store for him and his family.

I reconnected with some friends at church which was so needed. I've been out of touch for so long. I want to develop quality friendships and quit wasting time on those who hurt me.

I'm thinking of joining a new Bible study that starts this Wednesday called Experiencing God. I tried it when I first became a Christian but I just wasn't ready for it. I think now is the time.

We went to the mall yesterday and do you know what I saw?

DO YOU KNOW?

Public Pyjama Wearers.

Everywhere.

Seriously. I was like no one bothered to get dressed to go to the mall. They just rolled out of bed and grabbed their car keys.

Staying in your pyjamas all day long is not a concept that I understand. I get dressed before coming downstairs every morning. So, showing up at the mall in my pjs will.never.happen.to.me.

My Facebook chat thingamajiggy is broken so I can't chat with anyone on there. Do you know how hard that is for me? HARD. I always have something to say! That's all the complaining I will do because it takes a certain kind of lame to complain about something that is f-r-e-e. (Dear Facebook....please fix my chat feature...love, Kate)

I interrupt this riveting entry to tell you that my cat is making these really creepy yowling noises while looking at the wall. I wish he'd stop. He's freaking me out.

Where was I?

Poor Jordan... she face planted on the pavement yesterday and one of her teeth was bleeding and her lip got a little fat. And the kicker? I was right in front of her, watching her. And she still fell.

Awesome.

I went to my mom's house - kid less!- under the pretense of picking up my bottle of stain remover. As if I need a reason to go over, but I am over there so much I felt like I might be stalking her a little bit, so I used the stain remover excuse. My sister was there and it was a really good visit. She even came grocery shopping with me and we rocked out in the car to "I Gotta Feelin'" by my friends The Black Eyed Peas. I am sure we looked extremely lame very cool.

This morning when I was dressing Jordan she looked up at me, smiled, and said "Mama!"

What a beautiful way to start the day.

Ok peeps. I can't just sit around talking to you guys all day. The dryer just buzzed so it's time to switch up the laundry and get this house back in shape!

Have a great day :-)

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I could totally live in my pajamas...however, I try to retain enough dignity in my life by NOT wearing them out of the house! Or not off my property, at least. ;) heheheeee...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean PJ's aren't meant for public use?!? LOL
    Maybe it was PJ day at the mall and you didn't get the advertisement for it :)
    I live in my PJs all day but would NEVER wear them in public!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you had a good Engage-A-Versary! Congrats to all of your years.

    As a work at home mom, I have to say, my pj's are my clothes and my clothes are my pj's. So I never get dressed and I never get ready for bed. Does that explain anything? lol!

    I hope Jordan is recovering, don't worry it happens to all of us. And will happen again in some other way over and over for years to come.

    ReplyDelete