Wednesday, June 13, 2012

So much to blog about, so little energy.

So much to blog about, so little energy.

It's been a very busy week and it's only Wednesday. I feel like Friday will never get here.

My coworker fainted on Monday. It was a very dramatic few minutes as a different coworker tried to revive her. People were running around like chickens with their heads cut off and no one was taking charge. Suddenly the Health and Safety guy came running into our department, snapping his gloves on with such purpose, it was as though he'd been waiting for this moment his entire life. She ended up going to the walk-in clinic, took the next day off and she was back today. So glad she's alright.

Speaking of walk-in clinics, I went to one on Monday night. I've had this cold now for three weeks and it's getting on my nerves. I'm not one to go to the doctor for a cold, and it makes me twitch when people tell me they do... such a waste of time. Take fluids, rest and wait. Well three weeks is a long time so I figured I'd go and see what was up.

There's something about a walk-in clinic that is just so grody. The doctor listened to my chest and back, took my temperature and looked down my throat, then announced that I had bronchitis and gave me a prescription. Three minutes and I was out.

I decided to go and see my own doctor on Tuesday night. I tried so hard not to cough when I was there because if you do, they make you wear a mask and put you in the Coughing Corner. Well I did cough and they did give me a mask which I refused to wear, and did the walk of shame to the Coughing Corner.

I forgot that at this time of the year my doctor's office has residents in for a couple of months. The one I saw was very nice but asked a million and one questions. He was listening to my back and kept getting lower and lower and I actually thought he was going to try to listen to my butt. I didn't say a word. I assumed he'd figure it out. He said my chest was very "rattle-y". It's true and so gross to listen to.

While we were talking he suddenly rolled his stool over to me and grabbed my wrist to check my pulse. I was startled at the intensity of it. I just love how the residents manage to make me feel as though I'm five minutes from kicking the bucket.

Diagnosis? A respiratory infection. Medication? None. Fluids, rest and patience. I was sent for blood work to make sure I wasn't anemic from the medical issue I had earlier this year. He said that it would eventually pass, but it could take 5-7 weeks before I'm 100%. Perfect. I am beyond exhausted and he said that's because my body is fighting so hard against the virus.

I don't like being sick. I really don't. And even worse? My Sam has the same thing. Poor guy.

There is so much going on here right now, but it will be a few days before I can talk about it. I'm hoping that everything will come together and I'm trying not to fall down in a fit of anxiety in the meantime. If you could keep praying for us I would truly be so thankful.

That's it for tonight. I'm going to bed.


  1. Prayers lifted for you, my friend!

  2. Was Dr. L's resident hot at least? You are right about the intensity...his residents always do a thorough exam for even common things. I'm surprised you didn't get a pap smear and a mammogram out of your visit! LOL! Did you see Dr. L? Did you tell him I said hi? He loves me you know. Praying for you - call me if you want to chat. <3