Friday, May 06, 2011

5QF - May 6

I'm so glad it's Friday! I'm running out of energy these days and the weeks are feeling longer.

Sam and Julie had their Spring production at school last night: The Wizard Of Oz. They were both munchkins. Julie loved performing. Sam? Not so much. Actually, more like not at all. Basically he showed up to get his mark for drama. He did not want to be there.

There has been some positive and encouraging movement in Ian's job search. He had a really good interview this morning, however they have a few others to interview as well and hope to have a decision by the 20th.

THE 20TH!!

So much hurry up and wait with this. It's frustrating. We are getting so close to the birth of our baby and I am absolutely scared to death. I know God has us, and He has a plan for us, and I'm choosing to trust in that.

But man am I scared.

Ugh. Enough of that, Kate!

Are you ready for some Five Question Friday fun? Me too!



Let's go!

1. Have you ever had roommates?

Well, when I was in high school, a friend of mine got kicked out of her house and my mom said she could stay with us. She stayed for five days and I hated every minute of it. She had weird habits and no tact and I couldn't wait for her to leave.

Oh yeah, I said it.

My sister stayed with us for about a week once, and the children loved that. They missed her for a long time after she left.

Other than that, no. I lived at home until I got married, which is a good thing because I can't think of a single person I'd want to share an apartment with. It took me a long time to learn to share space and stuff with Ian and he was my husband!

2. How many names do you/your children have? (i.e. Prince Charming William Phillip Arthur Louis John Jacob Jingleheimer-Schmidt)

Ian and I both have two names, and each of the children have three. I don't know why we did it that way, we just did. Sam is Samuel James Emery, Julie is Julie Roma Nicole, Jordan is Jordan Theresa Faith and we just finalized Matthew's two middle names. Good thing we're done having children... we've run out of names!

3. Did you watch the Royal Wedding?

You betcha. I made Ian and the children clear off enough space on the PVR so I could tape all 6 hours of it, then when I got home I fast forwarded through to the parts I was interested in seeing. I thought the wedding was very sweet and classy.

4. What is the messiest room in your house?

I would say we have a messiest spot. On our main level we have a blue recliner that seems to be the dumping ground for everything: mail, magazines, laundry, back packs... Sometimes I want to take the chair right out of the room!

5. What is your ideal mothers day?

You know, every day is Mother's Day in my house these days. Ian and the children have been spoiling me rotten since the day I found out I was pregnant. Ian does all of the housework, laundry, grocery shopping and cooking. The children get things for me that I need or drop. Ian gets up with the kids every Saturday and Sunday morning and I take naps in the afternoons. What more could I possibly need?

And that's it!

Head on over to Mama M's blog My Little Life and join in on the fun!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmmm...maybe I should feign pregnancy? Think that would get me some rest? But gosh...I'd need to buy one of those fake bellies...and, er...what to do when it comes time for delivery??
    Gah! Ferget it. I'll just continue to muddle along in my sleep deprived state. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous! What a sweetie he is.. Derek is pretty good but that is just downright awesome. So glad you have great helping hands around you. ALMOST THERE!!! Hope you had a great mothers day.. you are the best :)

    ReplyDelete