Monday, May 09, 2011

I Fell In Love Today

Today was my 6th ultrasound for this pregnancy.

That's a lot.

I've seen every part of this baby but his profile.

But today?

Today I got to see all of him.

His little mouth yawning. His tiny nose and lips. Little fingers pulling on tiny toes.

I'm not one of those people who feel this deep connection with my babies while in the womb. I love them, that goes without saying, but that deep love comes when I see them face to face.

But today, I fell in love. He is real.

He's ours.

Oh my heart.

My technician today was from the high risk clinic, so I got a very thorough ultrasound done. She said he looked absolutely fabulous.

And the best, best, BEST part? He is head down! All along he's been sideways and I've been worrying that he wouldn't flip and I'd have to have a c-section, but she confirmed he is head down.

I am relieved and peaceful and excited.

And so in love.

I can't wait until he's in my arms!

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Woo-hoo Baby! Isn't it so relieving when you find out they are finally the right way to head out! (yes, pun intended!) I'm so happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so glad that you've had some great news lately. What good that does for your heart I'm sure. Come soon and come safely little one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw! That's so wonderful I can't even begin to tell you how happy this post makes me! Aaaaaw! God is good, isn't He?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet and so happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww he is going to be here SO soon!! I LOVED seeing their little faces on the ultrasound too, it really makes it more real (you know, if the vomiting, tiredness and kankles didn't.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I'm so glad that you've had some great news lately. What good that does for your heart I'm sure. Come soon and come safely little one!

    ReplyDelete