Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Best Husband Ever

I have to brag about my Ian.

Yesterday I was beyond tired. I'd had only three hours of sleep on Sunday night and I was so exhausted on Monday morning. Jordan would fuss every time I put her down and cried so much throughout the day. I had to let her cry at one point while I went to the bathroom and I came out to find that she'd cried so hard she threw up.

By the time Ian came home I was a mess. And do you know what he did for me?

1) Picked up Chinese for me for dinner
2) He washed my favourite flannel sheets for our bed & made it up for me
3) Cleaned his bathroom and ran me a bubble bath (perfect temperature!)
4) Set me up with candles, a glass of wine, soft music and a fresh towel
5) Sent me to bed early giving me a solid six hours of uninterrupted sleep

And that's not all!

He picked up some groceries on his way home, gave Sam another bike riding lesson, then watched the children & fed them dinner, got them into bed, prepared bottles of formula for Jordan and washed the dishes so I would come down to a clean sink this morning.

What a blessing this man is. He was tired too and had worked all day, but he spent his entire evening taking care of me and the children.

Thank you Ian... I love you.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:48 a.m.

    Wow...what a man.

    Does he give lessons to not-so-helpful husbands??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww....what a sweetie! Mike helps out a lot around the house and with the kid - - but nothing "personal" like the bubble bath, music and candles. What a sweet guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He has his own bathroom?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:50 p.m.

    Yes Jen, I have my own bathroom. It has a jacuzzi tub, a water temperature equalizer (so that when toilets flush, there's no change in the shower temperature), and whenever possible, it also has my wonderful wife, soaking away her cares and relaxing. And Dawn, I not only give lessons to not-so-helpful husbands, I can also offer a manual (and the best role model in the world, who I fortunately married) for how amazing a wife has to be to warrant such pampering. Shall I send it over? :-P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Jen, I have my own bathroom. It has a jacuzzi tub, a water temperature equalizer (so that when toilets flush, there's no change in the shower temperature), and whenever possible, it also has my wonderful wife, soaking away her cares and relaxing. And Dawn, I not only give lessons to not-so-helpful husbands, I can also offer a manual (and the best role model in the world, who I fortunately married) for how amazing a wife has to be to warrant such pampering. Shall I send it over? :-P

    ReplyDelete