Thursday, July 30, 2009

Alive & Kicking

Yep. That's me.

I haven't felt moved to blog lately because I haven't been feeling like myself and didn't want that to show. I feel as though I am under tremendous spiritual attack and I am tired. I don't like the way I'm feeling. My faith is being tested and and I'm failing.

More on that another time. Not today.

I won the weekly trivia contest for the second week in a row. Last week was a $15 gift card for Subway and today's prize was a $15 gift card for Tim Hortons.

Sigh.

I know. What could be sweeter??

The Bachelorette ended this week and once again I am horrifically disappointed in this show.

Say it with me, friends....

"I am never watching this show again. EVER!"

Honestly! Why on earth would Jillian pick Ed over REID!? She was almost as annoying as Bachelorette Trista. Almost.

So it's over now and I need a new show. I can't/don't want to get into Big Brother because watching a bunch of people stuck in a house together is very boring to me. Hell's Kitchen is a very angry show, so I certainly don't need that, thank you very much.

Tomorrow is Samuel's 10th birthday. How the heck did that happen?? He's such a great kid and I absolutely adore him. I just took his birthday cake out of the oven and will ice it in the morning. It'll have to be at the crack of dawn when I do it too! Sam wants to get up at 6:30am to open his gifts.

!!!

Tonight I met up with the other two Girls Club leaders to plan for our fall session. Lots of good ideas. We're going to have a Girl's Spa Day on Aug 24th and give the girls manicures and pedicures while they sip on lemon water in pretty glasses and eat pizza. "K" will prepare a devotion on what God says real beauty is, not what the world teaches us. We're going to incorporate some new things too, like a prayer box and worship time, as well as how to reach more girls with this ministry. It's going to be a great year.

I am so excited that this weekend is a long weekend. We're going to my mother's for a bbq to celebrate Sam's birthday with the family, but other than that we don't have anything going on. I'm looking forward to being with Ian and the children.

That's it for me. Over and out.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment